Make a post to your DA journal. The post should contain your list of ten holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a ______ icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("all I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV."). The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your DA or link to this post so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your friends list (or friends' friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now, here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use -- do it.
You need not spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf -- to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not -- it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Give, and you might receive. and you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. Very important for me this year would be to have once again a specific globe (for the Christmas tree) my father got me from Vienna (Austria), which i broke (and my heart broke with it - it's very hard to explain how much or why i even care about this, i just know i can't get it myself). I know it's a lot to ask but... It's sold in those shops in front of the city hall and it looks like this:
- 2. Anything from my wishlist, in any form (mug, canvas, magnet, etc). : )
- 3. Books, toys, tips, sites, anything on/offline on how how to reduce my cat's stress (lately my lady suffers from FPA - feline psychogenic alopecia in addition to her old separation anxiety).
- 4. If there's anything you wish to give me (something knit, card, hug, car, cat, plant, kitchen table, literally anything), here or offline, i am excited to have it.
- 5. To be an APN CV (my long time dream... also don't worry, i won't feature only cats).
- 6. A few would help too since i'm planning to host a contest as soon as i have enough funds.
- 7. Spread the love around by making other people's wishes come true. A good place to start is at dAWishingWell . Of course, any act of random kindness is greatly appreciated!
- 8. Do something nice for those in need (homeless, orphan children, poor families, elders, etc) - anything from a hot meal to toys, books or clothes you don't use anymore will brighten their day.
- 9. Donate something to your local animal shelter - food, litter, blankets, etc, or even adopt a pet!
- 10. And most important wish of all, say how you feel to those you love.
In case you need my address, note me. I know my material wish(es) are kinda expensive so i don't have my hopes up, but here's what i ask of you: if you can't afford it, do something that doesn't require (much) money, like 7 - 10. Everything you do is important
I tag: TheGalleryOfEve Astrikos jane-beata Nameda Heidi namenotrequired JamminJo Anoya Moonbeam13 Chibiuta photofairy fairyfab 3wyl phydeau CMBaggs meganjoy MidnightExigent adumvgh ProcerDeCrepusculum SavageFrog gymnosophist sesam-is-open claremanson SlingBlade87 Brookette Thiefoworld C-91 Kaz-D fourteenthstar vanmall TeaPhotography
PS: Guys, yesterday was my 8th dA birthday and on December 6th i celebrated 2 years since i quit smoking
EDIT 2015: A dear friend of mine outside of dA made my 1st wish come true. The rest are still available