Linda has been active as an artist since the early 1990s. Focus on with semi abstract figurative paintings, then create her unique style of nude drawings, and 3D canvas which are sculptures created from canvas, acrylic paints, wood, sand, acrylic resin, fibre glass and resin. She is also creating artworks from upcycle and recycle process.
She started the Life Drawing Community in Wan Chai life drawing workshop at her studio in Wan Chai, Hong Kong, from Sept 2006, until present time, on a weekly base. Now it is co-operated by her artist colleague Philippe Charmes from France. Since May 2014, Linda has started life drawing workshop in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, with local artists and art space, on a bi-weekly schedule. Both workshops have drawn professional and amateur artists to continue their artistic practice and creations.
Linda Liao was born in 1960s into an engineers’ family in Nanning city of the Guangxi Autonomous Region of China. Growing up in the countryside of this region during the Cultural Revolution, she turns to drawing and painting for refuge.
Selected Past Exhibitions
02-28.11.2009 : title: Looking for Hongkongers, Culture Club, 15 Elgin Street (Lower), Soho, Central, Hong Kong
06. 02. – 31.03. 2009: title: Beyond a Colour, New Art Lab, 27 New Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong.
06.09. – 03.03.2007: title: Linda et son Grandpere, East-by-East Gallery, Paris. France
06.06. – 31.07. 2006: Kapok, Hong Kong, China
01. – 31. 05. 2004: Zheng Moo Gallery, Guangzhou, China,
06.2016, Body Language, Xin Art Space, 2-1, Jalan Jelatek 1, Pusat Perniagaan, Jelatek, 54200, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
05.2015, Life Lines, Xin Art Space, 2-1, Jalan Jelatek 1, Pusat Perniagaan, Jelatek, 54200, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
11. 2013, 梦境/Dreamland, 广州市越秀区培正新横路13号伟博画廊/Wilber Gallery，13 Pei Zheng Xin Heng Road，Yuexiu District，Guangzhou
02. – 03. 2011, Women Artist 211, Sin Sin Atelier, G/F, 52 Sai Street, Central, Hong Kong
07. - 08. 2010, Group Exhibition, Sin Sin Fine Art, G/F, 1 Prince Terrace, Central, Hong Kong
26.06. – 31.12.2010. HKID Gallery, Shop 13A, Level 1, The Peak Galleria, 118 Peak Road, Hong Kong
26.12.2009 – 02.01.2010. Hong Kong Starlight, Hong Kong Art Centre, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
23. -26.11.2009. Zonta 2, The Rotunda, Exchange Square, Hong Kong
01. – 31.10.2009. International artists show, Graffia Gallery, Spring Lake, Michigan, USA
05.2009. The beauty of Human Body, Hong Kong Visual Art Centre, Wan Chai, Hong Kong.
04.2009, Prettyland Gallery, Krefled, Germany.
04.2009, Being of Venus, Sara Phi, San Francisco, USA.
04.2009, Hong Kong Artist, Madhouse Gallery, Central, Hong Kong.
03.2009, Hong Kong Canvas, Gallery On Old Bailey, Central, Hong Kong.
26.12. 2008 – 02.01. 2009, Artshow - A Chinese Contemporary Arts Exhibition, by Asia International Contemporary Arts Promotion Association and China MOC Sincere Gallerie, at 5/F, Pao Galleries, Hong Kong Art Centre, 2 Harbour Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, China.
09. 2008, title: Art Portfolio, Artzone, Kyoto, Japan. www.artzone.jp/jp/artportfolio2008
12. 2007: Koru Gallery, Aberdeen, Hong Kong
09 2006: 14th to 17th September: “A new look at Contemporary Art in China”, East-by-east-gallery at Espace Commines, 17 rue Commines, 75003, Paris, France.