Things are still rolling along. I showed an early version to a friend and he and I both noticed things. I noted that the signs on the walls reflected in the mirrors were very blocky and so they appeared to be animated - very distracting. My friend noted that the shadows were too sharp. That one was easy - and I discovered a couple of lighting problems that I've since fixed. The mirror problem was a bit tougher. The default quality of .2 is fine in most cases - but I had to up the value to .6 to make the problem go away. The problem there was that a typical frame render went from 2 minutes to 5 minutes. I settled on a quality setting of .4 - that'll likely push the renders out by about 50% (2 minutes vs. 3).
It does mean I have to re-render the whole thing - but that's been going well.
And yesterday I wrote the 25 second waltz that opens it - that was tons of fun - I so love living in the future.
I imagine at least a we