Is there a manipulator who didn't ever had some problems with stocks? The purpose of this group is to help manipulators who search useful and legitimate stocks. So it is mainly focused on 4 categories:
- Good quality models not too much restrictive. We will only accept good quality pictures, allowing dA prints and not too restrictive in their use. No commercial use - except for dA prints - is accepted: so take a look at the rules before using them for a commercial use.
- Premade Backgrounds using legitimate stocks, with the required links and the permission of the stock providers to redistribute their stock in a premade background.
- Precut Pictures done from photos taken by the same stock provider. We will reject all precut pictures done with external stocks.
- Photo Backgrounds which may be used for doing Premade Backgrounds. Only photos of landscapes or architecture (outside and inside) are accepted.
I hope you'll find this group useful and that il will value stock providers who respect the rules.
POURQUOI UN NOUVEAU GROUPE DE STOCKS ?
Quel est le manipulateur qui n'a jamais rencontré de problème avec l'une des images stock qu'il a utilisées ? Le but de ce groupe est de lui éviter ce genre de désagréments en lui proposant des stocks utiles et légitimes. C'est la raison pour laquelle il est principalement axé sur les quatre catégories de stocks qui posent habituellement le plus de problèmes:
- Des modèles de bonne qualité, sans règles d'utilisation trop restrictives. Nous n'acceptons que les images de bonne qualité, qui autorisent l'impression sur dA des images finies et ne s'avèrent pas trop restrictives dans leur utilisation. Les stocks qui refusent une utilisation commerciale (à l'exception des impressions sur dA) sont acceptés, donc soyez prudent avant d'utiliser un stock pour un usage commercial, vérifiez d'abord ses règles d'utilisation.
- Des "premade backgrounds" (arrière-plans déjà composés) utilisant des images stock légitimes (disposant d'une licence autorisant leur utilisation, ou faisant partie du domaine public et le signalant - attention, ce n'est pas le cas des images piochées sur Google, par exemple - ou ayant reçu l'autorisation écrite du photographe pour cet usage), avec les liens requis vers les images d'origine et/ou leurs créateurs et l'autorisation de ces derniers à utiliser leur stock pour en recréer un autre, en l'occurrence un "premade background".
- Des images pré-découpées dont la photo originale a été prise par le même photographe. Toute image pré-découpée provenant d'une source extérieure sera refusée.
- Des photos d'arrière-plan pouvant être utilisées pour réaliser des "premade backgrounds". Nous n'acceptons que des photos de paysages ou de constructions (intérieur et extérieur).
J'espère que vous trouverez ce groupe utile et qu'il valorisera les fournisseurs de stock qui respectent les règles.
|More Journal Entries|
Not legitimate stock tips /how to reportMany people ask me what this term means ¨not legitimate stock¨
and always ask me how I know? how to identify?. so I decide to post a journal with many tip,
first...the things written here in this journal, I did a long search. and I'm doing this to help and inform people about this subject.
and first I'll tell because I started getting interested in this subject. three things happened that made me pay attention in this detail.
1 - a long time ago, I used the stock from pixabay in some premades. and unfortunately I did not know that this site is not reliable, so I was denounced and I had all my contents posted in stock removed.
2 - I used a premade, but the person who did this premade used a stock that was not allowed to be used, and this premade was denounced and people who used also have been denounced and had my manipulation was moved to scrap for infringed copyright.
3 - I used a PNG, and after
A Great Stock Provider - SpecialHow to be a Perfect Stock Provider
When I was writing the Tips for Beginners Members - part 2 (stock) I would add a part with tips about how to be a perfect stock provider, but I was talking to some providers and decide to make a special journal with the reply from CD-STOCK and EveLivesey as are sufficient for a special journal
First, you need a good camera, basic photography skills, imagination and creativity.Take a look at some of the popular photos on stock photo websites like DeviantArt, Fotolia, Shutterstock, Dreamstime etc.
You can learn a lot from these photos.Photography literarily means "drawing with light".
Learn the basics : what is good composition, lighting, exposure, white balance etc. Look for emotion and gesture if you are photographing models. CD-STOCK
Legal stock sites :iconsupernatural-art: :iconpsychoartistunited: :iconhighqualityart: :iconall-artists:
Hope you are all having a great day. It came to my attention some problems about what sites are legal stock providers and witch ones are not.
I have made a very extensive research to make sure I'm not making a mistake by declining images with not confirmed sources. Please read very carefully, i will not battle about this later.
Sketchy sites with a lot of cropped images are not accepted.
Thanks to Wesley-Souza for this:
So here a list of a few that we recommend:
Sxc.hu (only with the written permission of the owner)
Questions For All Stock Providers + UsersA recent incident was brought to my attention concerning stock. It boils down to an artist not crediting the stock provider. Frankly, by the time I came into it things were coming to an end and I was unable to see all of the 'evidence', as it were. This journal is not about this nor any particular incident. I have since learned that this is something of an ongoing thing that gets very little attention.
You may ask why I'd be posting a journal on this matter given that I am not deeply involved with the Stock Community nor one that uses stock (such as Photomanipulation). Also, to be clear, I am not on staff nor a volunteer. I think of myself simply as a member of The dA Community at large and endevor to help out in any way that I am able. That said, my hope with this journal is a solution/common ground being found, but, at the least, get things moving in that direction. I understand people have left (or are considering leaving) dA over this very issue and I find that to be s