This image has been in my head for like 15 years now and I finally managed to work out the geometry on paper and get it to look right. >.< Those who are Pagan will most likely recognize the symbols. But if you're not, it's still a cool pic. **grins**
Elemental Casting Circle
Symbols and their Meanings
Copper Loops: Cardinal Directions, Connection to the World and Elements of the World, Time and Seasons
Silver Star: the 5 Elements of Power, the Form of "Man/Woman" (the Head above, Hands to either side, Feet below, Body in Center)
Gold Ring: Connection, Unity of All
Within the points of the Silver Star, starting in the East and moving clockwise: Red Triangle = Fire, Green Inverted Barred Triangle = Earth, Blue Inverted Triangle = Water, Gray Barred Triangle = Air, Silver Lightning Bolt = Spirit
Triple Spiral in the Center: The Universe/The Divine = (Goddess-Feminine/God-Masculine) Maiden/Youth (Silver), Mother/Warrior (Gold), Crone/Sage (Copper)
East Side, Top to Bottom: Sunrise/Morning, Spring (flower), First Quarter/Waxing Moon
South Side, Right to Left: Noon/Day, Summer (green upright leaf), Full Moon...
West Side, Bottom to Top: Sunset/Evening, Autumn (copper inverted leaf), Last quarter/Waning Moon
North Side, Left to Right: Night, Winter (silver snowflake), New Moon
Gray or Natural Background: Neutrality of the Universe and Magic – Do As You Will, Harm None.
To draw this out properly for spiritual or magical work:
1. Start at the top and draw the copper loops clockwise, following the loop to the right, then down, then left, then up.
2. Then draw the silver star going clockwise starting at the top and going down/right, then up/left, then right, then down/left, then back to the top.
3. Then draw the gold circle starting at the top and going clockwise around.
4. Then do the red triangle, then the green one, then the blue one, then the silver one, then the lightning bolt (for spirit), then the triple spiral in the center (silver first, then gold, then copper).
5. Then move to the outside symbols, starting with the ones on the right (flower first, then sun, then moon), then do the three at the bottom (green leaf first, then sun, then moon), then the three on the left (copper leaf first, then sun, then moon), then finally do the three at the top (snowflake first, then sun, then moon).
Clockwise is casting, counterclockwise is banishing/dispersing. So, for example - creating an altar piece with this, you want to go clockwise, always. You can use the loops/star/circle without the other symbols, drawn clockwise as described in steps 1, 2, and 3, to create a seal on something (ie - windows, mirrors, doors, etc) using blessed water you dip your right index finger into and draw with said finger. I use this all the time to seal house entry points and mirrors, along with white sage "Smudging" to purify the space and cast away any negative entities or energies. You can use a staff or sword point to draw out the loops/star/circle pattern clockwise to consecrate a spot for ritual work, then in reverse (circle/star/loops) counterclockwise to lift the seal and disperse the energies you had conjured.
Comments welcome, but be polite and no trolling. I do not tolerate trolls and excessively negative people. You are not allowed to repost my images on DA or anywhere else. Some of these are very personal and I will not grant permission for their use on DA or elsewhere nor will I grant permission for these images to be reposted anywhere for any reason. Do not copy my designs either. These are personal pieces and will not be for sale at any point in time.