0 Comments312 Views
UNIVERSAL PROMPT RULES
- A maximum of 2 Kyotas can be rolled per submission. Other Kyotas may be depicted, but they cannot be rolled.
- Users may choose prompts with or without handlers.
- Minor mature settings (ex: violence) may be used, but must be filtered and tagged appropriately. Please including a content warning at the top of literature.
- Entries should not be re-submitted after they have been rolled. They cannot be recoloured and used for other Kyotas.
- Any submissions that have been rolled cannot be re-used for anything else.
- Art theft, copy pasting or over-referencing is not allowed.
- Minimum canvas size: 400x400 pixels
- At least 75% of the Kyota must be shown.
- The eyes and nose of the Kyota must be drawn if the face is visible.
- Shading is required.
- Collaborations are allowed.
- Black and white is allowed, but it must be obvious who the Kyota is.
- Backgrounds must be defined/have some form of depth. You must include multiple elements, such as buildings or trees.
- Unidentifiable and random blobs will be rejected. The setting must match the context of the quest.
- Referencing stock photos for poses or backgrounds is allowed. Please credit your sources if heavy referencing is involved.
- Photo-manipulation is allowed as well, but there must be clear effort. Something like a re-coloured wolf is not allowed.
- Minimum word-count: 1600 words
- Collaborations are allowed. Participants must have contributed 600 words each, but the parts can be interwoven. Please include notes on who wrote what in the description.
- The Kyota being rolled must be mentioned throughout the entry (ie: describing them, their actions, or their name). If your Kyota goes by a name other than their registered name, please include it the form.
- The majority of the writing must focus on the prompt and all participating Kyota must be involved in the quest.
- A clear attempt at editing must have been made.
- The entry must clearly depict the prompt and meet all art requirements
- The entry must be of comparable quality to the rest of the artist’s gallery
- The entry must be submitted with the proper form and all required information
- The Kyota must successfully complete the quest in the submission
Ascension is separated by levels. These levels, which are named, determine how experienced your Kyota is overall! Once your Kyota has reached a certain amount of Experience Points (EXP), it can advance to the next level. In order for this to happen, you must complete 3 prompts of your choosing! These prompts are listed under the appropriate level it is associated to.
Level 0 - Novice
Starting level, does not unlock anything in particular.
Level 1 - Amateur
REQUIREMENTS: 50 EXP ◂ Breeding rites completed
UNLOCKS: +5 breeding slots, 1500 Kaichin, x2 fertility supplements
See Inari's Gift of Fertility for more information! (GoF prompts listed below for convenience)
Working for Food
All creatures must eat to survive! How will your Kyota feed their future family. Is your kyota a hunter or a fisher? Or do they have an occupation which puts kaichain in their pocket? Depict your Kyota earning a sizable meal that would provide for an entire family or pack.
(prompt suggested by Trexin)
Inari is the deity of rice and agriculture, and takes kindly to those who work the fields. After all, agriculture was the foundation of larger civilizations and allows many children to go to bed well fed! They are often depicted as an old man carrying rice. Depict your Kyoto growing, harvesting or helping an old man (kyota, fox or human) deliver rice to market.
The most direct way to please a Kami is by leaving offerings at their shrine for them and their messengers. Inari’s messengers is the white fox, and as such fox related objects, such as statues and drawing, are very common. Other common offerings include rice, sake, and fried tofu. Offerings can also be more personal, such as tending to the temple or giving something of great personal value. The setting should include the red torii that mark all of her shrines, but can otherwise be any size and any location. Depict your Kyota leaving Inari an offering.
Puppies are difficult at the best of time, and it takes practice and patience to raise them well. Depict your Kyota pup sitting other's pups in their pack. Do they enjoy the task? What challenges do they face? Do the pups like them or do they run for the hills at the mere mention of your Kyota's name?!?
(prompt suggested by RainInTheWillows)
Field foxes are known for their cunning and mischievous nature! Depict your Kyota interacting with a Yako. Are they tricked and tormented, before trying to drive off the spirit? Or do they join the Yako in mischief making? The Yako should be depicted as fox or human with between 1 and 9 tails. It may be any colour but white.
A Zenko's Wisdom
Inari’s foxes are known for the benevolence and wisdom, and it is said the oldest of them can hear and see everything that happens in this world. Depict your Kyota going to a Zenko for help with a deep, personal problem or an important society affecting issue. Do they help them or is their answer less straightforward? The zenko should be depicted as a white fox or a human, and can have anywhere between 1 and 9 tails.
Level 2 - Apprentice
REQUIREMENTS: +100 AP ◂ 150 total
UNLOCKS: +2 breeding slots, 3000 Kaichin, x10 Training Tokens, Diving Activity
Level 3 - Expert
REQUIREMENTS: +150 AP ◂ 300 total
UNLOCKS: +3 breeding slots, 8000 Kaichin, x20 Training Tokens, Spelunking activity
Level 4 - Master
REQUIREMENTS: +200 AP ◂ 500 total
UNLOCKS: TBA. Currently the highest level obtainable.
regarding the future of Kyotas
EDIT 05/23/2020: Now that we can update journals again, I'd like to let everyone know our websites are live! Please be aware they are under heavy construction, as the majority of our buttons don't work right now. The Rulebook, Admin Applications, FAQs, and Design Manual will permanently be on Carrd, while other sections (such as the suggestion box) will remain on DeviantART until they can be moved to ArtRise. We are always looking to improve the "Navigation" page as well, so what you see now may be changed in the future. Main site: https://kyotas.carrd.co/ Design Manual: https://kyotasdesign.carrd.co/ -------------------- Hello everyone! W
VANGUARD + LORE KYOTAS
This journal contains ALL vanguard and lore-related kyotas! VANGUARDS LORE-RELATEDnone at this time!