It's been three years since I hung up my ^hat... 3 whole years, it's unbelievable. I just wanted to finish university and find a job (which I both did) -- time flies a spaceship it seems But it worked out in the end. I'm back taking care of the photomanipulation gallery alongside alexcherrypicks
During those last, erm, 2 1/2 days I've received a lot of positive comments and I wanted to thank you for your support - it gives me the fuzzies to see that even though 3 years is a long time (especially when it comes to the internet) there are still people who remember me and like the idea of me being back.
While some of you may still know or at least remember me from my first "term" in 2006/07, I'm sure there are also plenty who don't know the least bit about me. So, some introductions are in order (which I suck at, but anyway):
My name is Jasmin, I'm 28 years old and I work as a process engineer for a company that designs and builds gas processing plants (amongst many other things). I'm one of the people doing the designing of those plants - no one lets me specify the equipment items' colours though *le sigh*, so obviously, I need to play with colours in my free time and this is where my passion for manips comes in.
I've been on dA for 6 years now, one and a half of which I spent as the GM for photomanipulation (2006/07) - you can view the DDs I have given during that time in this collection while I'll be collecting the current ones here.
My DD guidelines are simple:
it has to be a photomanipulation (Digital Art > Photomanipulation)
credits have to be in the artist's comment*
* It should go without saying that all stock used has to be actual stock you can use, please consult the following faq entries for more information:
FAQ #157: Can I use things created by other people in my submissions?
FAQ #217: What are "Stock and Resources" and can I use them in my submissions?
Please note: I'm trying to give you feedback on your suggestions, but I may not always get around to it because I only have so much free time. So if you do not get a reply to a DD suggestion and don't see it featured within the next week or two, it's safe to assume I am not going to feature it for one reason or other. Feel free to bombard me with suggestions (only one per note though, pretty please), preferably thumbs - you don't need to do a write-up (unless you want to, of course), rest assured I'll find something to say about it if I like it enough to feature it. In fact, you don't need to do anything but send me the thumb or link in a note. Easy, isn't it?
Just one exception: if you suggest your own art, I would like to know why you think this should be featured where millions of people will see it. Also see this journal for more info on the why and how. You should really, really read that, trust me
The reasons for a DD suggestion not being taken can for example be
- lack of technical skill shown in the image (shadows set at random, blending not done well, perspective of the combined images doesn't fit, etc)
- lack of originality [I wish I had a better word for it] (concept has been seen a million times before, suggested image looks very similar to the artist's last DD, etc)
- the artist may have had a DD in the last 3 months (though I may also choose to wait longer, depending on the atist's progress during that time). If the artist has had a DD before, I also prefer to give the next DD to an image that is more recent and somehow different from the last DD
- I rather not DD a collaboration, especially not if the image can be found in both collaborators' galleries - it seems unfair one should get all the attention when both did the work.
- Lastly, if it's not a manip or if the artist's comment does not say where the stock is from* and the stock is legit, I will not DD the image, no matter how great it may be.
That's it for now
I think I wrote too much for the first journal anyway.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask through comment or note