Red Riding Hood - Walkthrough Part 2
In short: I hope you can learn something here and I'd love to hear if anything of this was actually usable for you
About the Tutorial
This is not a step by step guide on how you can recreate the image. I couldn't teach you that even if I wanted to! It's just an accumulation of techniques that work for me - they're not the only way to do things in PS, but they are my way.
Part 1: [link]
- Starting the manip & a trick on cutting out stock
- Blending and setting an atmosphere
- Adding an object after you've already started blending the rest
- Correcting the skin
Part 2: you're viewing it
- Making her glow in the backlight
- Adjusting the background to fit the light
- adjusting the composition
- making her glow in the backlight
- adding a second light source to the basket
This walkthrough was created with Photoshop CS5, but most should work just as well in older versions. If you're unsure where to find something, Photoshop comes with an extensive help file (accessible via F1 - I mean the built in help, not the online help, that one can be a tad confusing especially when searching for something really basic, like where do I find that tool etc).
Additional tutorials & articles that are referenced in this one:
- The Lighting Tutorial, part 1 & 2 [link] & [link] - explains in more detail the soft light layers, the clipping layers/masks and how to create a layer from a style
- Layer Masks and Colour Gradients [link] - more on setting an atmosphere and working with masks
- Know Your Basics - Perspective [link] - is an article about what perspective is and how to use it in your manips
- Know your Basics - Composition [link] - deals with how the Rule of Thirds can be applied to art and how to use "leading lines" to guide the viewer's eye to the focal point
any kind of feedback is much appreciated - it takes ages to write these and comments (and faves) are what keep me going!
NO REDISTRIBUTION - NO TRANSLATIONS
Model *magikstock | wolf ~LosRebeckos | basket ~LunaNYXstock | forest ~angel1592Stock | hair brushes ~frozenstocks | hair smudge brushes =kuschelirmel-stock --> [link]
M O R Et u t o r i a l s
R E L A T E Da r t w o r k
It's been 11 years since you posted this tutorial, yet I wanted you to know how much it is still being used and teaching us so wonderfully about 'fantasy scenes' thru photomanipulation. Thank you SO much for your time and effort you put into this! I have a new Apple desktop and I'm excited to start using it... due to space it's not set up yet... but tutorials like this will be my first start because I still have so much to learn.
Thank you again, btw thank you for beautiful stock also to work with. !!! 🦋