After several years of hard work, we present to you Krita 5.0!
This release has a ton of new features, here's a short list:
- The way Krita handles things like brushes, gradients and palettes, as well as tagging, has been completely revamped. The new system is much faster, uses much less memory and is much more dependable!
- Gradients have been improved: they are far smoother and can handle wider gamuts.
- The smudge brush engine has been completely rewritten, and we’ve got a new brush engine, based on MyPaint
- The Animation system has been overhauled, with both user interface improvements and new features, such as clone frames and animated transform masks
- Krita now has a built-in storyboard editor!
- There’s a recorder to create a video out of your painting sessions
- And way, way, more.
We hope you enjoy this release, and wish you happy holidays!