First Summer - A Rijon Adventures Nuzlocke [Cover]
The previous covers are here.
I know nothing about flowers, but I'm really into flower symbolism anyways and get super excited every time someone does a piece with it, so here's mine.
I'll tell you the flowers, so the "what does all of this mean" game isn't impossible for non-botanists. (And if you don't want to play the game: Most of them aren't about death and suffering actually ;v; )
I'm making a comic of my rijonAdventures Nuzlocke run. Why a hack run? - I don't want to try my hands at any of the offical games because there are already tons of brilliant comics about each of them, and I would feel pretty insecure comparing myself to my favourites.
Besides, this game is awesome. Go check it out!
If you haven't heard of the Nuzlocke thing before, read this.
Rules for this run
- Only catch the first Pokémon you encounter in each new area.
- If a Pokémon faints, it's dead.
- The Eevee has 3 lives. He can only be revived at a Pokémon Center.
- Every Pokémon gets nicknamed.
- Bullshit Clause: If something really unreasonable happens due to a design flaw in the game (e.g. there's nothing preventing me from running into an area with a sudden 10+ level jump where I wasn't actually supposed to go), I'm allowed to continue with the same team after a wipe.
The run is FINISHED in-game, so I can't use any helpful suggestions.
I know a lot of people frown upon modifying the rules into something easier, but please bear with me. It's been so long since I finished the game, telling me how much of a coward I was back then won't change anything anymore. I'd do it differently nowadays, just starting the game over if something happens that I really don't want in the story. Sadly, it's too late.
Anyways, I believe more and more every day that telling a good story is more important than having a perfect Nuzlocke run. If I had done anything differently, the story would be quite a bit darker, or we just wouldn't have the same characters we have now. Maybe you'll like them. And trust me, there's more than enough heartbreak to come.
What to expect from the comic
- At least one page per month! Learn to draw FASTERRR.
- All pages in full color! Learn to color FASTERRR.
- No major event from the game will be left out!
- Very little additional plot!
- Clothes changes!
- Impossible Kris hair™! Sorry, I loved it so much when I was little.
I'm afraid there is no funny on the first two pages. This will change, promised.
Let's make the wall of text even longer by saying that I put walls of text on things like this every time.
On to adventure!
Pokémon © Nintendo, Gamefreak
rijonAdventures © Haruki Hanai, Coolboyman
a few years after I first came across First Summer, the time has come!
about the flower symbolism, is it inspired from the Revolutionary girl Utena anime? I haven't seen it (yet), but I know the flowers have a strong connection with the characters in the anime