Shop Forum More Submit  Join Login

For the Entertainment of Real 3D Artists

Journal Entry: Sun Oct 29, 2017, 1:44 PM
I messed around with dForce today, with varying degrees of luck. I wrote up the result in a blog post. If you want a laugh, here it is.
The agony of dForce

my website: the Evil Kitten Project my WordPress blog: Kittenwylde
Add a Comment:
vwrangler Featured By Owner Oct 29, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Oh, dear. Well, for what it's worth -- very little, because I haven't set aside the time to deal with the videos yet, because video tutorials make me crazy -- what I remember hearing in the forum when this first came out was that in general, hair isn't going to work because it typically has both a skullcap and the hair cards/strands, and the hair isn't welded to the skullcap. So what winds up happening is that dForce can't really tell that the hair is supposed to be stuck to the skullcap, and then the hair falls off.

I also remember them saying that it works best when the figure has nothing more than the dynamic clothing on them -- ideally, no shoes, jewelry, hair, whatever. Which seems, in part, to be true, in my very limited experiments.
kittenwylde Featured By Owner Oct 29, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Interesting, I never thought of the hair just sliding off. JoePingleton has had some success with using older, less strand-y hair, which is why I tried it right away.
JoePingleton Featured By Owner Oct 29, 2017   Filmographer
Thanks for sharing.
I was trying the same outfit and you were getting better results than I did. ;)
kittenwylde Featured By Owner Oct 29, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I was really happy with the results on the green dress, right up until the crashing thing. Hopefully I'll find a way to make it work. Those sleeves have always begged to be dynamic.
Add a Comment:

:iconkittenwylde: More from kittenwylde

More from DeviantArt


Submitted on
October 29, 2017