Windows 7 Start Orb Changer is a freeware from door2windows that allows you to change your start orb/button with just one click in Windows 7.
- Allows you to change the orb in four different ways:
- Context Menu
- Drag & Drop
- Change Button
- Command Line (Syntax only contains orb location)
- Works with all DPIs (If the orb is too big or too small it will automatically resize it)
- Works with both x86/32-bit and x64/64-bit
- Works with both PNG and BMP file formats
- Can integrate with desktop context menu
- Can integrate with PNG and BMP file formats' context menu
- Allows you to change the orb in two different methods:
- Memory Patching - Edits the start orb in memory which doesn't cause any UAC prompts
- Resource Editing - Edits the start orb by replacing resources of %windir%\explorer.exe
- Easy-To-Use & clean interface
- Two modes for normal and advanced users
- First & ultimate Windows 7 start orb changer available on the net
Customising your computer is one of the greatest features in Windows. You don't have to make it look like the bunch of glass it already does. You can do a lot more. It has a lot of potential. And if you have free time and know the options, you'll really like customising.
And if you really like customising your computer, you might want to change every single bit. Make it look green, black, white, make it look like a Mac, theme it with animals or whatever you do, you want everything to be in sync. If you have a theme, be it minimalistic, flourished or video games, it doesn't make sense to keep using the default wallpaper. Icons. Task bar. Rainmeter skins, if any. You want it to be with the theme.
Eventually, you come to the start orb. That blue ball bothers you now. Why must it be different? When you have many other things in the same theme, it's already ugly. It might have been ugly from the start for some.
Changing the start orb is something you'll eventually want to do. And you'll look for tools. Just like you looked for tools to change every other aspect. And some tools won't work. Or will be too complicated. Or too heavy. Or will make your orb look ugly and have a horrible black border around it. Or will make it be static and not animate. Many of them won't work with the images you find on the web.
This one. This one works. It's great. It's simple, or at least simple to use. It will work for your computer and is great. With the option to either patch the memory or edit resources, you are even more assured that it will work, in one of two ways at least. And now you can go around on DeviantArt or wherever you look and download a more pleasant start orb.
Really, all Kishan Bagaria tools work great. But this one stands out for its great utility. Recommended for all customisers. It's awesome.
Comments have been disabled for this deviation