175 Favourites130 Comments65K Views
Windows 7 Start Button Animator is a free portable tool that allows you to set an animated start button in Windows 7. You can set any animated gif image as your start button.
How to use:
- Run the tool. You will now see an animated orb instead of the old unanimated orb.
- Click on the orb icon in the system tray:
- Click on Select Orb and choose your desired GIF animation.
- Change Image Style to the style that best matches to your image.
- Change Taskbar Position to the position of your taskbar.
- If you want the tool to run everytime Windows starts up then select Run on Startup.
- Click Apply.
- Why does the start button appear on top of a video? Select Video Mode in the Settings.
- When I close the tool, why the default unanimated orb is not there? Click Restore Orb in the Settings.
288x273px 31.35 KB
Featured in collections
For the customization geeks, this is a pretty fancy little application. Microsoft should have allowed this in the first place (instad of removing it all together in Windows 8).
The porgram does what is intended, places an animated start orb to replace the ugly, unanimated orb that rests in the taskbar. Very original, did not see anyone do this before.
Unfortunately, it only supports .gif files, but, then again, .gif files are the only ones that can be animated.
What I believe is very handy is that there is a feature to "run on startup", so that the orb can be animated from logon.
I'd love to use this to animate my start orb, but after downloading the archive from door2windows and extracting, the .exe file delets itself and I don't know why it does that. If I happen to be fast enough to double click the .exe file, I get an error message saying the .exe file does not exist and after that the file vanishes again. Other programs like the start button changer work fine. Is there any solution to this?