Inspired by angry-aries
for being so open about how this year went for them, I decided to also write a retrospective, kind of rant thingy in here? Eh we will see
Uh I don't know how accurate this will be in chronological aspects but let's try!
Okay edit: texts are separated by theme so there's health, family, school, and then positive shit.
[Long text ahead]At the beggining of the year I had a 2-month lasting period which just trigger me (and my mom) to go to all the existing kinds of doctors lmao
- I got diagnosed PCOS, also known as Polycystic Ovaries Syndrome, which is basically a bunch of micro cysts (they are really small, less that a centimeter) living in my ovaries. I started treatment but along the year the medicament supposedly triggered exaggerated facial hair growth and bad cases of acne in my whole face. My self esteem got pretty shocked from all this, but in the end of the year we started another kind of pill which for now, seem to have solved all those problems!! The cysts are still there but they are not affecting my body anymore, and hopefully after an year or so, they will disappear.
- I also got diagnosed with scoliosis (which explained my constant low back pain), I started doing physical therapy for it, which works similar to Pilates exercises, actually the exercises do me so well, it feels like I just did yoga lmao And my still-forming-friendship with my therapist is one of the best things I got out of that <3
- I also had the saddest news of my life, which for some is not so bad but to me is. After 6 years with braces, and taking them off (again) for 1 year, my teeth moved again and I had the news I'd have to wear braces all over. My doctor is a really good woman and she tries her best, because she knows how much it affected me. After all I spent all my pre-teen and teen years with braces. I will supposedly fix them permanently by having to wear a different kind of permanent brace behind my teeth (not yet though). I don't know when it will end because she is taking as much as baby steps she can so we don't hush anything.
- I got a bit more underweight so a big new year's resolution is to eat from 3 in 3 hours like those health sites tell you to, and get to 55kg!
- I want to fix my sleep schedule tbh let's get HEALTHY
(all those news in less than two months can you believe, haha) I just hope 2019 will bring more health for me <3
Also at the beggining of the year my mom was... tired of her life. In a way she wants to start working again or fix the house or whatever. But the problem is that her anger and frustration gets aimed at me a lot, and I heard things that really made me hurt, to the point it still made me cry about it months later. All this made me become a very distant person, but also made me find a friend in my family I never considered: my grandma, she was really sweet and fun to me most of the times (when we weren't bickering jkhdh it's a different feeling tho, we always get to talk in less than 5 hours)
Things have been getting calmer tho, and I'm trying to move on instead of being so bitter about stuff. So hopefully 2019 will be so much better in this aspect.
But in other news, I just went through senior year and graduated! (For Americans, the school year ends at December, new grades starts at February)
It was an extremely C R A Z Y year in the school part because it was absolutely... horrible. I discovered the extent of my snake-friends' fakeness, but not only that, I had to actually die to be able to write and present my thesis (yes, just like in college). I made a thesis about Digital Art and Freelancing, which a lot of people loved since nobody knew about it at all! School homework also were giant monsters I had to deal weekly, I could only produce proper digital art during winter break and mid August-September lmao
I have now finished high school, and plan to take on college of Visual Arts in the 2nd semester of next year (hopefully), I admit I'm a bit nervous to it!
Positive Stuff and other things
- On other hand though, this year was the first time I ever did actual money/Paypal commissions, and proving my parents my art was worth something made me extremely proud! Getting paid for commissions with REAL money was something I never imagined and I still get blown-minded whenever I think about it!
- My next steps for 2019 is to start selling merch and of course, more commissions! (also maybe YCH and adoptables, who knows?
- My hair has been, way way more healthy than it has ever been! And good news! It started curling on the top of my head as well! It's weird I know, but if you look up '3A Hair' you will know how my curls are supposed to look, but for some reason the top of my head/near my roots, they always were straight, different from those models with curls that already come from the top of their heads (I suspect it has to do with the braids I wore everyday, all time, for 7 years lmao) But in a big resume: my curls have been getting healthier, and surprise: getting curlier! I hope in 2019 I will have some model hair oof
- In materialistic way, I got my first skateboard ever (I can barely walk on it hahah) as a giveaway thingy, and my friend IJ sent me some watercolors which I just love painting with! I recently bough The Sims 4 and have been playing like crazy about it! All fun here~
- But also mostly important, for those who know me long time know about Raphly aka long-term silly ship I have of me and Raph, which in the end, isn't so silly. As I started to just... pretend Raph would be here to listen to my vents and support me back in 2016, Raph was still here in 2018. And let me tell you, I had the most crazy ideas and inspirations for this ship in this year! It distracted me a lot during dark times and brightened my days in good ones! Sadly there isn't as much art as I had to choose between homework/commissions or homework/sleep!
And just, maybe at the end, it was a worthy year. But I hope 2019 will be so much more!
Also uh??? BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO READ THROUGH ALL OF THIS?? YOU'RE GREAT?
Also thank you for all my watchers that are still supporting me up to this day, I love y'all