so i am going to be reposting my older stock images, as well as some new ones ive taken the last few years. i have very little patience for the uploading process, which has meant that my actual work hasnt been posted in AGES.
please see below for my simple rules on using my stock images:
You are required to give me proper credit.
i will be saying this constantly in the hopes it sticks. My stock is free; i doubt there will ever be anything i post that isnt. I took the time to go out and specifically photograph each and every stock photo during my outings. i go out with the sole intent of purely photographing various events, and then i go back and take stock photos. so i would appreciate credit in the form of a link back to the original image, or simply my page itself.
Please, if you want to use my work somewhere OTHER than Deviantart, you need to let me know BEFORE YOU POST THE IMAGE ANYWHERE ELSE.Ive already seen my work posted elsewhere and credit was never given which has meant im watermarking the s*it out of my work before i post it, which takes away from the image as a whole. so please be kind and just ask me before you post somewhere off this site, as a courtesy.
If you violate any of these rules or the rules of the copyrights attached to my work, i will either take down my stock permanently, or offer it all as paid leaving no room for people to discredit my work.
You may use these images as you see fit except as follows:
1) If you can't read or can't follow my rules, you will not be able to use my stock ever again, as said previously, stock will become limited to those who pay. i forget to credit people, but i make note that ive forgotten who it was who provided the work and ask them to notifiy my ASAP if they happen to see my image so i may give proper credit. my forgetfulness doesnt stop me from remembering that i used someones work and they should know.
2) You are required to give me credit in the form of a link, no exceptions.
3) You are NOT allowed to post works based on my stock in other places WITHOUT ASKING PERMISSION FIRST all i ask is that you do me the favor of asking permission first so gthat i at least know where my pieces created using my work will be located. if its for a contest entry, or facebook, instagram, whatever. just please allow me the courtesy of knowing, and please credit me with a link. my name is Katherine Weil, i am on facebook (profile photo is Dana Scully from the XFiles, and my instagram is @katherinewphoto
4) Do not simply upload my stock to a pay site; if you do that, you'll get a DMCA request from me and possibly I'll sue you for damages. These images are for photocompositors and artists; they are not to be used as content in and of themselves.
5) NO COMMERCIAL USE OF MY STOCK IS ALLOWED WITHOUT ASKING FIRST as i keep saying, its just so i know where my stock will be used, and posted. if doing commercial work, no credit is needed but i do want to see what youve created, its the fun of having stock available.
6) These images are mostly unedited - they may go through a basic color correction edit, or cropping to help remove some unwanted people/objects but all stock is unedited. i cannot attest to the quality for every image as im pften photographing stock DURING a fast paced event, so i apologize for any image that is not the best quality. sometimes these events i attend move so fast i have to shoot for work and stock simultaneously, which means the stock image will suffer. this only happens when i know i will not be able to go back and photograph something as it is purely in the moment.
7) If you use my stock as a reference: link me to your work! i want to see any and all creations my work helped to create, its why i keep asking for credit and links back so that others may be able to be inspired as well, and can then see what others have done. my favorite thing to do before using a stock photo is to filter through the comments. i click on EVERY single link and look at every piece of work to find further inspiration, and just to see what others have done.
If you have any questions; ask via Email.
If you ask me a question that is already answered here, I will not answer unless it's "See Rule #1"