[Tokotas] The B Team LoRE Tracker

4 min read

Deviation Actions

kh180's avatar
By kh180


Registration Information


Registered Tokota: Sivaas 7087
Affiliated Spirit: Sikrinerk
Inventory: [Sivaas's Collection]
Additional Characters: Pukwudgie 29745, Ikin 25947, Rudy 7869

Prologue


Prologue Comment: [Link]
Prologue Side Quest: (Link Prologue entry)

Chapter 1


Chapter Comment: [Link]
Main Chapter Prompt: Meeting Aga
Side Quests:

Chapter 2


Chapter Comment: [Link]
Main Chapter Prompt: (Link entry)
Side Quests:
  • Entry 1
  • Entry 2
  • Entry 3


Chapter 3


Chapter Comment: [Link]
Main Chapter Prompt: (Link entry)
Side Quests:
  • Entry 1
  • Entry 2
  • Entry 3


Epilogue


Epilogue Comment: [Link]
Epilogue Side Quest: (Link Epilogue entry)

Created at simplydevio.us - Edited by kh180
Published:
© 2019 - 2021 kh180
Comments36
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
kh180's avatar
Bell by Forgandal (F2U) - music notes border by peachkonpeito Event Inventory ⯈⯈⯈
TokoEvents's avatar
Firefly Lantern

1 x Firefly Lantern

TokoEvents's avatar
Grey Rabbit Pelt

1x Grey Rabbit pelt

TokoEvents's avatar
Mysterious Torch

1x Mysterious Torch

TokoEvents's avatar

Sun Chaser Talisman by TokoTime

1 x Sun Chaser Talisman

kh180's avatar
Bell by Forgandal (F2U) - music notes border by peachkonpeito Epilogue ⯈⯈⯈
kh180's avatar
Bell by Forgandal (F2U) - music notes border by peachkonpeito Chapter 3 ⯈⯈⯈
kh180's avatar
Bell by Forgandal (F2U) - music notes border by peachkonpeito Chapter 2 ⯈⯈⯈
kh180's avatar
Bell by Forgandal (F2U) - music notes border by peachkonpeito Chapter 1 ⯈⯈⯈
TokoEvents's avatar

You leave the Seven Stones, feeling the comfortable weight of your new talisman on your leg. You find yourself in an unfamiliar forest. You follow the beaten dirt path until you come to a fork in the road.

One path winds up toward a strange, snow-capped mountain range that breaks up the skyline like a row of cold, broken teeth.

The other leads deeper into a densely forested valley where it is swallowed by the thick, dark trees.

You stop here to carefully consider your path, still unsure of where exactly in Tokotna you are.

_____________________

➤ Take the mountain path

➤ Take the forest path

★ Call on your spirit guide for advice

Admin Ref#: CH1-000

kh180's avatar

The large dire awoke with a sharp gasp. Now sat outside of the ring of stones, Sivaas glanced quickly around her new surroundings. An unfamiliar warmth drew Sivaas's attention to her ankle. She took a moment to ponder the charm that now sat there. She didn't get far in her thoughts before a voice broke through them.


Sivaas jumped. "W-what?" she questioned.


She stood slowly; her legs felt like soupy jelly, but she managed to get up. As she stood a flash of pink caught her eye. Along with something else. The dire didn't recognize anything. The surroundings. The air. This was not where she had been, and this was not her home.


"Sikrinerk..." she muttered with realization. "This is a trick! You can help me by taking me home, little spirit!" she howled.


The dire paused for a response and when none came she beat her paws upon the ground. Her claws tore through grass and rock in frustration.


"Fine. I'll get myself home," she growled.


With that decision made, Sivaas trod her way down a path well-traveled until it split into two.


The dire pondered both ways for a moment before deciding upon the higher ground. "This can't be worse than the expedition through the Tartok Mountains, and if the skies are clear then I might be able to see where to go," she breathed.


_____________________

➤ Take the mountain path

TokoEvents's avatar

You ascend the mountain, picking a careful path along treacherous cliffs as chilly gusts of wind howl all around you. You eventually come to a deep ravine carved into the mountainside. A long, rickety-looking bridge made of old rope and wood offers you a path across, its boards creaking softly as it sways in the wind. On either side of the bridge, the face of the ravine slopes down sharply, but appears to have just enough footholds for you to be able to make the hike down its face.

The bridge certainly doesn’t look very sturdy, but the hike down into the ravine looks equally treacherous. The wind is picking up and it’s clear that there is a storm brewing on the mountainside. Perhaps it was not wise to wander into the mountains unprepared.

Which path do you take?

_____________________

➤ Cross the bridge

➤ Hike down the ravine

➤ Double back and take the forest path

★ Call on your spirit guide for advice

Admin Ref#: CH1-001

kh180's avatar

Sivaas weighed her options. She looked behind her at the path she had come but shook her head quickly. "I can't waste time like that," she muttered.


She looked down into the ravine and then at the bridge. The wind picked up and sent a frosty chill down her spine. With a snort, she made her decision. She had faced worse before and this way might keep the worst of the wind chill away.


"Oh, Sikrinerk the Trickster! Certain death over a rickety bridge or a rough tumble down a hill? I rather like the latter's chances. If I have to take any more detours to get home I'll have your hide!" she howled. Her paws led her to the side of the bridge where she began to carefully pick a path down the sheer slope.


_____________________

➤ Hike down the ravine

TokoEvents's avatar

You carefully navigate a path down the side of the ravine, pausing briefly when you hear a distant boom, like thunder. The wind picks up and snow begins to fall, making your descent even more difficult. Through the falling snow, you catch the acid green glow of two little eyes floating in the open air beside you - a dark spirit. It swirls in the wind, the weather worsening with its rapid movements. You can feel your talisman growing warmer against your leg - a warning.

You race down the face of the ravine as fast as you can safely go, leaping the last few feet to the bottom as the storm rapidly worsens. The wind screams in your ear and shards of ice pelt against you. If you don’t escape the spirit soon, you’ll no doubt be buried, so you keep moving.

You eventually come to the mouth of the ravine - it opens up in the side of the mountains, leading to a rocky path along the cliffs. Though the cliffs are steep and the snow storm continues to swirl around you, the path is wide enough to travel comfortably and perhaps afford you an escape from the spirit. To your right, however, is another option. Carved into the face of the ravine’s wall there appears to be a cave. The walls are covered in thick sheets of ice, and the inside is shrouded in blackness. In the snow at the mouth of the cave, there is a trail of impossibly large paw prints leading inside.

_____________________

➤ Enter the ice cave

➤ Hike along the cliffs

★ Call on your spirit guide for advice

OPTIONAL SIDE QUEST: You still have no idea where you are, but it’s clear that your chosen path is now a dangerous one. Depict your encounter with the dark spirit on your descent into the ravine. Is your instinct to fight back, keep running, or seek the shelter of the cave? You can find complete rules for side quests here.

Admin Ref#: CH1-006

kh180's avatar

Sivaas huffed and puffed. "Some protector you are," she muttered between breathing. The faint warmth of the talisman remained as a reminder of its presence.


Sivaas glanced over her shoulder. The storm still raged around her but the eyes were not in the immediate vicinity. It wouldn't be long before the dark spirit was back on top of her. She had to decide quickly. Sivaas took a few steps forward to keep the cold from taking hold.


While the thought of getting home remained on her mind, Sivaas realized that this would not be an encounter of her control. Whatever journey the shrine had sent her on was full of danger; if Sivaas wanted to get through it safe and sound she would have to play along with whatever game Sikrinerk had in mind. Her shoulders sunk in defeat. "Puck will just have to wait a little longer," she whispered sorrowfully.


The pulsing warmth from the talisman was nothing else but comforting. A part of Sivaas hated how much she couldn't bring herself to dislike the charm around her paw and what it brought with it. The other part was thankful she wasn't alone.


The dire knew when she was beaten and with a snow-laden pelt she decided to seek shelter within the cave. The storm wouldn't be able to reach within and the darkness might even provide some cover from the spirit that now hunted her.


"I hope you're happy. I'm no use to my pack or Puck if I'm frozen solid. Whatever it is you want me for, Sikrinerk, let's make this quick," she said through gritted teeth.


_____________________

➤ Enter the ice cave

TokoEvents's avatar

The inside of the cave is bitterly cold and dark, but the howling of the wind and snow outside is reduced to a whisper in the background as the silence presses in on you. The ceiling, walls, and floor are thickly covered with an unusually smooth layer of ice. The further you travel inside, the more you notice strange, jagged carvings in the ice that appear to form the letters of a language unfamiliar to you. They glow faintly whenever you move closer to them, emitting a cold, pale blue light that reflects through the thick sheets of ice and bathes the entire tunnel in a diffuse glow.

Eventually, you come upon a branch in the cave that appears to be a large den. The carvings completely fill the ice here and consist of runes as well as crude illustrations that resemble tokotas and spirits. The floor of the den is littered with bones as well as other objects - handmade trinkets, precious stones, and small carvings. Three items in particular catch your attention: a small, beautiful stone carving that shines in the blue glow of the runes, a pile of glittering gems, and a battered old chest with a heavy lock that is crusted over with ice.

You feel a faint draft coming from further down the tunnel, carrying the promise of an escape from the ice caves. You are unsure if whoever uses this den is nearby, but you have an opportunity now to take something for yourself.

_____________________

➤ Take the carving before you leave

➤ Take the gems before you leave

➤ Take the old chest before you leave

➤ Take nothing and continue on your way

★ Call on your spirit guide for advice

OPTIONAL SIDE QUEST: Your tokota has made the journey through a mysterious cave decorated with glowing blue runes and happened upon what appears to be a den. Draw or write about their journey through the ice caves, and/or their discovery of the small hoard. Are they tempted to steal something interesting, or are they inclined to keep moving? You can find complete rules for side quests here.

Admin Ref#: CH1-009

View all replies
kh180's avatar
Bell by Forgandal (F2U) - music notes border by peachkonpeito Prologue ⯈⯈⯈
TokoEvents's avatar

Something sends a shudder through your body as you're out exploring the forest near your home. Rumors of more spirits wandering the world stream through your mind for a moment, but you brush the thoughts from your head with a shake of your mane. 


Eventually, you come to a grove of unusual trees. Something about their shape scratches at the back of your mind like a distant memory, shapeless, but familiar. You cautiously venture between the dark trees, coming to a clearing. The sight that meets your eyes is new, but somehow a name bubbles to the surface of your mind: the Seven Stones.


The old dusty stones haven't seen a soul in a decade or longer. They shine dully in the afternoon light. Set in the stones are ornaments, spheres of carved glass with words from a lost language etched into the front. In the center atop a single pillar of rock a slightly larger teal orb hovers faintly.


Magic hasn’t died out of this shrine despite its age. Surrounding the centerpiece are six more glass spheres ranging in color from swirls of pink and purple, fiery red and orange, bright gold, forest green, sickly white, and icy blue. You take one gentle pawstep towards the stones, and the feeling of static builds in the air, setting your whiskers on end. The light reflecting in the orbs grows brighter, and it’s almost as if a little voice is begging you to come closer, to touch one of the stones before leaving…




➤ Take a moment to examine all of the stones more closely

➤ Touch the large teal stone

➤ Touch the soothing pink and purple stone

➤ Touch the fiery red and orange stone

➤ Touch the warm golden stone

➤ Touch the forest green stone

➤ Touch the sickly white stone

➤ Touch the icy blue stone

kh180's avatar
The dire's breath hitches as she gets her first really good look at the stone clearing. She'd heard of this place before in Puck's dreams. The small tokota pup became riddled with night terrors as of late. As she would soothe him back to sleep he would often describe what happened. Most were pleasant: Aga whispering secrets of the forests to him while wrapping him in warmth, spirits dancing in the trees asking for him to run with them, and the pillars and their glass spheres providing comfort and mystical wonder. Some, however, struck fear into the tiny tokota's form: dark spirits chasing and snapping at his heels, Meelanik devouring him whole, or even eyes watching him from knots in the trees. Sivaas knew they were fables to keep pups in line and well behaved but she's not so sure anymore.

Sivaas' eyes widen at the unseen resistance she feels entering the grove as though she shouldn't really be here, but the pull of the obelisk is enticing and curiosity gets the better of her. Sivaas takes a tentative step into the circle. Her fur stands on end and her breath hitches as her paws step even closer of their own accord to the center pillar. She should be back with Puck for his first hunting lesson and to quell his worries. Not here. Not with the talk of spirits and strange lights haunting their normally calm hunting grounds. Not with nightmares keeping them up all hours of the night.

It comes rushing back all at once like a spike piercing an ice sheet. An overwhelming torrent of smells and sounds. Hearing the description from Puck brought back nothing at the time but now— now she feels she has seen the clearing before, too. A long time ago and but a whisp of a memory. The sounds get harsher and louder and the air feels thick like liquid. The recollection is too strong. Too much all at once. And then it stops.

She stands before the orbs now. Each one glowing faintly and beckoning her to reach out. Calling her to touch just one.

Her mind feels foggy. Her ears are ringing. She should know what each one represents but, like a hare just out of reach, she can't remember anymore. She peers closer at them. She doesn't dare touch. Just yet.


➤ Take a moment to examine all of the stones more closely
TokoEvents's avatar

You approach the stones, taking the time to look over each one in turn. All of them give off a different aura, promising you the answers to questions you never had. 


The teal stone and the orb radiates power, enticing you to touch and learn the secrets of all. 


The swirling pink and purple stone heats up the air around your paw. The heat is lovely, promising you protection and safety. 


The fiery red and orange stone evokes emotions of confidence unsurpassed. If you touch this stone, then power unmatched could be yours.


The gold orb smells faintly of the forest. The air sets your instincts alight with flashes of running paws.  


The forest green sphere fills the air with a faint and soothing buzzing. Peace is the only word you can find to describe the feeling.  


The white orb fills your ears with laughter and a sense of urgency. Something old and familiar is hidden within the powers of this rock. 


And finally, the blue stone radiates a feeling of extreme cold. The feeling is both energizing and humbling at the same time.


All of the stones promise you knowledge, power, or purpose; but which one will you touch?




➤ Touch the large teal stone

➤ Touch the soothing pink and purple stone

➤ Touch the fiery red and orange stone

➤ Touch the warm golden stone

➤ Touch the forest green stone

➤ Touch the sickly white stone

➤ Touch the icy blue stone

Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In