Wow - time has flown by! Deviant Art has changed so much! I signed on to find over 1,000 messages!
Sorry I haven't been around, everyone. My life is like the worlds fastest roller-coaster: I can go from highest to lowest in seconds, then it takes over 10 times longer to get back up.
For a quick summary of what has happened since 2015:
- Everything was nearly perfect. Bills were being paid, back into school to finish Associate's in Education, small vacations, engagement after 8 years (total),...
- Engagement ended mutually. He had become so involved in this "Professional Gamer" dream that he began sleeping in our office in front of his 3 monitors to the point he purposely lost his job to have more time. Then came the "we're moving to Oklahoma"... I don't think I'll ever be able to leave Rhode Island - even when our taxes and government suck.
- Because ex-fiance and I were out-of-work, my car was repossessed because some lenders don't understand people do lose jobs and don't have $1k or more tucked away. And that was after falling ONE (1) month behind... thanks Capital One! After a good friend called the cops on him while he was heated and in my face (I told her not to, but that's what good friends do when they care), he was taken away in handcuffs. So, I was left alone and had to vacate the apartment within days. I ended up leaving A LOT of things behind... things I kick myself for every day. But we will always need that "one more day".
- Moved back to Mom's.
- Started dating current boyfriend (known each other for 15 years now; dating since June 2016). Moved his apartment (owned by his Grandmother).
- Found out I was pregnant in July 2016.
- October was a very tough month, the only positive was finding our condo. Later that month, we found out I had miscarried my first pregnancy. As if that wasn't enough to shatter me, less than one week later, my Nana - the closest person in the world to me - passed away. Picture broken glass and then someone taking a sledgehammer to the pieces - smashing them to the point of dust. Next month makes the one-year anniversary for them both... and I want to hide.
- The new year brought a new job as a Behavioral Therapist. I had started to redirect myself back into Nursing and figured that job was a cross between education and nursing. The company I worked for seemed awesome at first... the job ended up being NOTHING like what I had "signed up for". After driving long-distance every day, I quickly realized I was killing my car and myself. I ended up losing the job because they didn't understand I couldn't fly to work when my car broke down; I also couldn't work with clients when carrying the flu or pneumonia (didn't accept doctor's notes). (January-June)
- Found my current job at a psychiatric hospital in June... and it's 5 minutes from my home. I love my job, I love the hospital and I don't plan on leaving. I work way too much overtime and I don't care! The experience from working in a hospital setting will be awesome when I finish my Nursing degree, too!
- While I was accepted into one of the best colleges in the state for Nursing, financial aid is giving me so much sh*t - why can't you just let me finish school? My paychecks are far from "huge"...
I'm sure I forgot to mention notable happenings, but those are the highlights.
I was chatting with a patient a few nights ago when I realized I had lost myself. I haven't written, drawn, or done anything artistic in a long time; I haven't seen my family or friends nearly as much as I used to; and it seems the only emotion I really feel anymore is when everything seems to crash. So, the search is now on...
I don't know how many of my old friends are still on here, but shoot me a message! I have dA on my homepage again!