(The photo in the bottom right corner)
And I came across someone on DA here who did one with an F-16: itifonhom.deviantart.com/art/K…
- I don't know much about 3D models. I do more photo manipulations and original art using Photoshop.
- I found a low quality 3D model of an F-35 on google sketch up
- Watched a tutorial on how to apply texture/skin to a model in photoshop. (and how to open these in Photoshop)
- Made my own texture.
- Added the model to the image. (Cloned out the F-14)
- "Rendered" the model. It didn't have lighting, so I shaded in the lights and dark parts myself, added some grunge.
(Purposely left off any unit/country markings)
- Added grain to the F-35 to try and match the original film grain of the original photo.
- Took the pilot from the original photo and added him to the F-35 to add just a little bit of 'something' that is the same in both planes.
Took about 30 minutes (plus watching youtube tutorials).