Despite the title, yes, I'm still doing commissions. Commission types, pricing and terms basically the same as described below under the earlier updates and the original journal post. For more information or inquiries please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a note here in DA.
Summary of commission types currently offered and respective prices:UPDATE 09 May 2017 (New Commission Type):
Regular commission (full or half-body with non-complicated background): $35 (Add $20 for each additional character/vehicles/big specific devices/pets in a drawing).
Single Character on Gray/White/Transparent Background (full or half-body, but bg could be another flat color): $30
Headshot/Portrait (head or bust only with plain or some textured background): $20
More details on each below.
I've been churning out full-blown pics for a while now and, for a change, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a new type of commission with full (or half-body), single character on gray/white background only? This is to add some variety in what I do and therefore give my creative muscle some rest by just drawing characters simple poses without having to deal with scenery. This would also cost a bit less so would be great for anyone with tight budget.
[Please see gallery for a bunch of samples. Seems my journal no longer supports thumbnails.]
Cost of one would be $30 USD.
For inquiries or to commission me, please send me a note or email me at KaRolding@gmail.com.
PS: Regular commissions and headshots/portraits also still available! (see below).
Original Post 08 March 2017 (Commission Info):
* Single Character drawing (with simple background): $35 USD
* Additional characters in the same drawing: $20/each.
* Vehicles, mechs, animals/creatures, and complex machinery, weaponry, etc.: add $20/each
* Complex backgrounds (As a general rule, I won't do them, but ask me anyway as it might be something I'm capable of doing. Price dependent on complexity).
* NEW: Headshot (single character only): $20 USD
* Other special requests (Ask me. I'll see what I can do).
* I may add to the price if the piece or character is extraordinarily complex to draw, or if it requires me to provide a significant amount of creative input into the character's design.
What I'll do:
* Drawings of original character(s)
* Drawings of existing/mainstream character(s) from different media (i.e., fanart)
What I can't/won't do:
Porn (nothing against it; just can't do it)
* Extreme gore (but really, really extreme. I don't mind Deadpool movie-level carnage).
* Comic-book pages/sequentials
* Character concept/design (from scratch) and/or turnarounds.
* Drawings of real people (can't do likeness)
* BDSM (again, nothing against it, but those cordage and tying techniques are often too complex for me to wrap my head around. I'm fine with DID, though)
* Work that would entail way lots of back-and-forth exchanges with regards the drawing. Edits, even minor ones on the finished work, are fine, but art director-level direction is probably not my thing, at least with private commissions. The more streamlined I can keep the work process, the better I can stick to my current price points.
* Others that I'm forbidden, either by law or fear of lawsuit, to draw.
What I'll need from you:
* A short description of what you want to see in the drawing (please be clear and concise). Providing details such as hair color, eye color, age and other basic characteristics would be helpful as well.
* Visual references (for characters, weapons, vehicles, etc.).
If interested, please contact me either through DA Note or e-mail at email@example.com. As soon as we have agreed on the commission, I'll give you a rough estimate on when I can start work on the commission. Sometimes things don't go as planned though, so if you think you would need a drawing on a certain date of if the commission will have a strict deadline then, in that case, might not be the best man for the job. My schedule these days are somewhat erratic, though I try my best to deliver as fast as I can.
I can accept payment through PayPal (will provide the info during the exchanges). You may send payment after you get the rough draft, or upfront if you are so inclined.
Please note that this is for private commissions only. If the purpose of the drawing is commercial, please ask first so we can negotiate a different set of terms and rates.
If you have questions, please feel free to Note or E-mail me.