"So, the next topic for the Art Jam is "draw yourself as a Blacksad character!"
For the ones who don't know about Blacksad: shame on you! (kidding
) it's a very awesome series of European albums (by Díaz Canalez and Guarnido) about gangsters stories, but the main characters are always anthropomorphic animals. See the links below to see some images:i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg…www.eupedia.com/forum/images/a…pagesperso-orange.fr/sublimeac…
So, if you had to appear in these stories, which animal would you be, and how would you be? That's the starting point for this Jam.
It's not only a "furry" yourself. The animals in that comic are not very cartoony, have somewhat realistic proportions (but with exaggeration depending on the size of the animals) and are dressed up and have very human bodies. They normally don't have a tail, but may have it if some animal has a pretty distinctive tail.
I don't want you to imitate Guarnido's style of drawing, just your own style, but keeping these things in mind.
In the end, all the pics I recieve will be put together in a single Deviation, all the characters will be standing together like if it was some kind of "graduation photo"!
SOME RULES ABOUT YOUR PIC:
- Draw it in black and white, no color.
- No backgorund, just the character.
- You have to be in a full body shot.
- You have to imagine you are posing for a group picture. Of course, that doesn't mean you just have to be standing up and looking at the camera, you can be doing whatever you want, gazing at the sky, looking at something else, doing weird faces, crouching (by the way, a crouched character would be easier to place in a group pic
- Have fun designing yourself, and choose an animal that suits you with the appearance or psychology!Continue reading: zuthell.deviantart.com/journal…