So I've been gone a while but I have returned, this time with knowledge. (Disclaimer: Knowledge for external use only. Do not consume and keep away from small incontinent pets.)
1. There is no 'F' in the word sabbatical. Especially not a silent one. Even though there totally should be. As you can see I am still very disappointed.
2. My attempt at starting a new hipster trend of hot rolling whiskers was, I'm sad to report, a complete failure. The hair has been burnt and all evidence of the experiment has been destroyed. Also, thanks to a needlessly complex NDA I cannot discuss the details without suffering heinous legal repercussions.
3. My local clowder of cats aren't as fashionably progressive as they think they are. Personally, I don't know why they're complaining, their whiskers will straighten out eventually. The dogs never seemed to mind.
4. That the legal system is willing to accept a class action law suit filed by cats as long as they can cite applicable precedent. Long story short, of course they could. Everyone has heard of Gregson vs. Sgt. Mittens. I should have seen that coming...
5. Oh, and I also learned how to have fun drawing again. No biggie.
Personally, if I had to chose, I'd have to say that number 4 was the real life lesson here. My career in the fashion industry is finished all thanks to some overly litigious felines...