– if a pokemon faints, it is dead and must be perma-boxed.
– you may only catch the first pokemon encountered in each area.
- forced encounters (Route 2 pidgey, Snorlax, etc.) don’t count and cannot be caught.
- duplicate pokemon must not be caught. in any given area the player has 3 chances to find a non-duplicate to catch.
- all rules may be ignored if a shiny is encountered.
– healing items can not be used during battle. (held items, however, are fine).
– the exp share must be turned off at all times.
– legendary pokemon can not be used.
– mega evolution can not be used.
– whiting out means game over.
– if your starter faints it’s game over.
old cover 1 (Jan 2016)
old cover 2 (Oct 2016)
Tumblr • Nuzlocke Forums • Donate!
Such a wonderfull work! thank YOU for sticking with us!!! you influenced my girlfriend and I so much, and I don't think I'd be as confortable as i am today drawing humans if it wasn't for you. You've always been an inspiration and... god you truly keep on improving so much
Thanks again 🙏
congrats to 5 years of running this nuzlocke! everytime 'the benefit of comic work' or 'should i start my comic' comes up, I always point towards burn away as just the absolute example of how comic making can really expedite artistic improvement. it really is SO fascinating to see where burn away started and where burn away is at now! every new page update always has me so excited--just as excited as I was to see older pages in my new deviations tab over the years. Here's to many more years of the excellent work you put out! thank you so much for sharing it with us all!
Congrats again, and here's to many more well-earned self celebratory anniversaries to come!
(This new cover is badass btw, but what do you draw that ISN'T breathtaking!!)
Congratz on the milestone. I think I found your nuzlockes comic maybe 3 years ago, and have been along for the ride ever since. The growth you see with each new page is amazing, such an achievemenet. You inspire me to try a nuzlocke comic, sadly none have really worked out. Hopefully one day.