Incoming a long a pretentiously written summary of my recent break.
TL;DR: planned 4 days, on the 3rd my dad goes to a hospital and I sleep in weird places while he's being checked. I also need money because we had to spend a lot on hotels and meds and dad can't work for 3 weeks so maybe commissions?
1. We had planned vacation from 22.08. to 25.08. (a friend of a colleague of my parents had a summer house and they rented it super cheap to us so it was a perfect occasion for vacation and an opportunity for me to see the sea for the first time).
2. On 24th my dad had an attack of something resembling an epileptic seizure so we called the ambulance.
3. He ended up in a hospital about 40 min by car from where we were staying.
4. I had to pack our stuff, take only what was necessary for a few days and leave the rest in our car.
5. The colleagues drove me all the way to the hospital because they are nice people.
6. My dad looked bad and was lying in a room with groaning old men. It was not the first time he had this attack but no hospital was able to make a diagnosis for over 15 years.
7. We were short on money but needed some to pay for a room to sleep in with my mom. It was Friday afternoon and banks and transfers would soon close but with the help of my friend and a very nice lady at the bank we managed to get just enough for a hotel, food and gas to get back home.
8. We found the cheapest place. Very bad idea but we had no choice (the other hotels were very expensive, had no free rooms or were closed). I woke up before 3 am and couldn't sleep until 4 because someone was fucking loudly in the corridor and the common bathroom. Luckily my mom slept through it because she hadn't slept for 2 days and was super tired.
9. We found a phone number for the closed hotel and a very nice old lady gave us keys and we were to pay later when we move out.
10. A very bad old lady at the first hotel argued with me on the phone that we can't get a refund for the second night which we payed in advance (and she was wrong but we were too far away to come and shove the facts in her face) so we had to spend another night before we moved to the other hotel (which had the same prices BTW and looked like a 5 star hotel compared to the dirty den we had to sleep in).
11. At least no sex noises this night. Also my dad was moved to a room with a young dude who also had an epileptic seizure.
12. We got out of that god forsaken hole in the morning as fast as we could and went to leave our stuff at the other hotel. OH BOY A CLEAN SHOWER.
13. My dad was looking a lot better and the other dude was nice. It was my dad's birthday so we got him something cheap and funny, and a piece of cake with a single birthday candle in it. It was a nice day.
14. There was a pizzeria in the same building as the hotel so we got a pizza and the people in there were super nice.
15. We slept well, ate at the hospital and it was another nice day (though my mom was constantly worried about all the stuff but I was there to support her).
16. It was also the other dude's birthday so it was extra nice because the room was lively and crowded (two families) and we had a cake.
17. Another good night at the nice hotel.
18. We packed our stuff and rushed to catch a bus but there was no one we could pay for the stay and leave the keys to so I called the nice old lady. She told me to go to a person. She called that person so the person knew how much we were supposed to pay.
19. The nice old lady told the person a lower price. We paid less than expected and even less than that cheap dirty hole. The lady's kindness was a real highlight of our stay there. She's a blessing to this world.
20. We caught the bus. Then we caught another to the main bus station, but this time with my dad. We caught another bus to the place we left our car at. The bus was not listed on the internet where we checked for buses. We caught is just as it was leaving, even got a small reduce in price and we made it much earlier than expected. Then we drove home with our car. We were afraid the car might get stolen, robbed of things or devastated because it was left for so many days. None of this happened.
21. THE END.
My dad was finally properly diagnosed. After 15 years. They even told him he had this condition since birth. Now he got proper medication and will have to take it every day for the rest of his life. I hope it was really just meant to be this way and that finally he won't have any more problems with his condition. Which has put his life at risk several times.
We will have less money not only because we had to spend a lot during this time but also my dad can't get back to work for a while. But health is the most important thing and I'm happy we are where we are now. I will be open for commissions soon too to maybe help my parents a little (anybody interested? :0).
Now as I'm typing this, we had been to another doctor and it turns out there's more stuff my dad needs to have checked but now he's got the time for it. So I'll help him get it all done and hopefully it's all gonna be better from now on. Too bad it took an accident to realise how important it is to live a healthy life but since it's already happened... We need to get the best out of it.