3906x2602px 3.55 MB
Canon EOS 1000D
Aug 20, 2009, 9:06:22 AM
© 2009 - 2022 Joonaaz
Ok, so first of all, I wasn't even sure whether to critique this photograph, because this is far more superior than any of my images. But I decided that, critique is a good thing, and hopefully a way of appraisal too. So first of all, the big list of what I like.
1. The colours are absolutely lovely. The greens are great, the sun on the rocks looks calming and works well with the image.
2. The blurred waterfall composes well with the rest of the image, creating a scene which is very soothing and calming too look at.
3. The framing here is very interesting and you have adapted the rule of thirds very well, to fill every part of the photograph, with something interesting.
4. The photo works well as a piece of artwork. All of the components and features of a good photograph have come together to form a beautiful photograph.
Now onto one thing, which I would probably improve:
1. I think, that the waterfall is a TINY bit too bright and I would edit this using Curves and adjusting the Highlights. But this is only a very, very slight adjustment.
I have added your photograph to my ELITE collection, which means that this is one of the best of the best photos I have come across on DeviantART so far. WELL DONE!!! Keep up the good work!