Building is rather easy in inner and middle boards and tough on outer board.To make building equal on all 3 board, I added these rule variation in my game:-
1. In the middle and inner board, you need all properties of a color group to build houses and hotels
2. In the middle and inner board, you need all properties of 2 neighbouring color groups to build skyscraper on both groups.
3. In the outer board, you need all but 1 properties of a group to build houses and hotels, and need all for skyscraper.
With these 3 new rules, the games are lot more fun. If we didnt use these, someone will start building hotels on Light Blue on their 1st turn. (With the rules on this sheet, you need all but one in a group, so an person can get something like 2-4-Mr.Monopoly and get 2 light blues.
I played about 5 games of ultimate monopoly till now, and each game was about 6 hours. I started yesterday at 10.30 in the morning, and my brother won the game when I landed on Rodeo Drive with a skyscraper at 4.45 in the afternoon (It was a 6 player game, the the first four got bankrupt within 2 hours.) So, i have a few ideas for a shorter game variation:-
1. Once a player gets bankrupt, there is no more salary for passing GO/PAY DAY/BONUS, and tax refund turns into 'GO TO THE HIGHEST RENT' space.
2. Once 2 players get bankrupt, the taxes are doubled. (In our variation, we added 6 more taxes, like VAT Tax: Pay $150.00, removing Reverse Direction space, and removed those 2 bus ticket spaces and added 2 taxes: 'HOUSE REPAIRS: Pay $20 per building owned' and 'PROPERTY TAX: Pay $10 per property owned.'. Thus, taxes are common in our variation as they reduce length)
3. Mr. Monopoly can only let you go to next unowned property on same board (If you are on the outer board, and roll Mr. Monopoly, it will take you to next unowned propery on Outer Board. If there are no unowned ones on outer board, but only inner and middle, you must go to next property where you pay rent, using the criteria on #4)
4. If you have to go to rent property on Mr. Monopoly move, go to the next property with atleast 1 building (Train depots and cab stands count). If there are no properties with houses on them in the same board, then go to next tax space.
I know these are a bit of complicated rules, but trust me, it makes the game faster. Today we played with these rules, it only took 2 hours. And I recommend playing wiht atleast 4 people so that the first 2 variations are used. The 3rd makes it easier (and thus faster) to find the next empty property, without checking the even or odd number on the dice. The 4th one makes it easier to find the rent property without checking others Title Deeds, as you only need to find the space with building (And it also removes money fast).