Thank you for all of the submissions. I have read through them all and picked a winner. Lots of great entries! Keep an eye out here on my journal in case I do any more of these contests. AND THE WINNER IS ↓
I’m looking for writing to inspire an illustration for my new book cover portfolio! This is where you come in!
Send me an excerpt from something you’ve written (specs below) along with a link to where you have publicly shared a link to this post through Facebook, twitter,tumblr,etc. I will look through the entries and choose my favorite to illustrate. I will then ask the author for the complete story or other details that may not be included in the excerpt. From there I will create a finished illustration. File will be made at the dimensions to accommodate your cover dimensions and bleed. I will leave room and account for cover text but I will not be doing the graphic design of the logo.
The winning author will be allowed to use the illustration for any commercial purposes related to the writing including both print and electronic formats of the book. I would just retain the right to display the work and sell prints. In case of NDA’s I will not post any excerpts unless the author gives me written permission.
· Submission must be e-mailed as an attachment in PDF format or Microsoft Word format no longer than 2 pages in Times New Roman, 12-point, double spaced. Please include your name or e-mail in the document somewhere and put your name in the file name. Please include “Contest Entry” as the subject line.
· Entrant must include a link in their e-mail to where they have publicly shared a link to the contest. If you share on Facebook make sure the privacy is set to public otherwise I cannot confirm your sharing. Please use your personal Facebook account when sharing. The reason being that fan pages heavily limit the audience and groups are very narrow as well. I know there is incentive to share with the fewest people possible but the success of this contest determines whether I will offer this again in the future. So please spread the word to your fellow authors. EDIT:I can't believe I have to say the following but I've already seen it happen. IF I see that you deleted your qualifying share after I have confirmed your entry you will be disqualified.
· Excerpt can be on any topic as long as it’s the original work of the entrant. So no fan fiction.
· Entrants retain copyright on his/her submission.
· Only ONE ENTRY per person.
· Not following these rules will likely result in being disqualified from consideration.
Prize: One winner will be selected to have an illustration created by me based off the winner’s text.
Notification: I will announce the winner on November 15th.If I'm able to keep up with reading the entries I may announce the winner before then.
You can see my current portfolio at joeslucher.daportfolio.com
2019 Art Board
ART RAFFLE! (CLOSED) (150 watchers)
Radd Art: Art Contest #1 - 4000 Points in Prizes
WINNERS!!! BIG MIXED MEDIA COMPETITION
I went back to school at 48 and got a degree in animation. I worked for a year in a Flash studio doing production art (mostly cartoony stuff) before we had a major layoff and after 8 months out of work, and no luck as a freelancer (underpaid gigs, people who didn't pay after work was done etc) I finally took an office job to feed the family. I mention this so you know I understand the 'not cheap' bit. You have to get your price to survive.