As J.J. and crew wraps up episode 9, its about time that I personally rate all of the Star Wars movies. From worst to best. Side note, I will not be counting the two Ewok movies.
I was gonna make a bunch of .PNG title cards describing each movie but I forgot to make one for Episode III. And I accidentally deleted like 30 mins worth of effort along with the original Photoshop file. Which afterwards I decided, fuck it. It's Disney's Star Wars. So I am just gonna type it out in this journal instead.
RANKING THE STAR WARS MOVIES (BEST TO WORST)
- The Empire Strikes Back
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- One of the best science fiction movies.
- One of the best middle chapters.
- One of the best sequels.
- Without a doubt, the best Star Wars movie ever
A New Hope
- Putting the 'War' back in 'Star Wars'.
- Questionable use of CGI and weak characters aside, this movie was defiantly one of the most beautiful movies that I have ever seen in 2016.
- Best Disney Star Wars Movie to date.
Return of the Jedi
- The original science fiction landmark that changed movie making for the next century.
- Not perfect, dated effects and scenes aside this movie is a treasure.
- Not better than Empire but still good.
The Force Awakens
- A fun satisfying happy ending.
The Clone Wars
- A shameless rip off of the original episode 4? Yes.
- More exciting than the prequels? Yes!
- Made fans happy? Most of them.
- Worth watching all of the other movies leading up to it? HELL YEAH!
Revenge of the Sith
- I know this movie does not have the best writing but the TV show that followed was phenomenal.
- I enjoyed this one all whole lot more than all of the live action movies. (I also like Pixar's Cars 2).
- The best movie of the Prequels hands down.
The Attack of the Clones
- The opening and final fight scenes are both the best parts of this movies.
The Phantom Menace
- I found it more exiting than Episode 1.
Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Not much to say expect for it break a lot of original fans hearts.
- Best part of the movie is, without a doubt, Darth Maul's fight scene.
The Last Jedi
- Look, a Star Wars movie can be beloved, hated or divisive. But a Star Wars movie can not, for the love of God, can not be boring.
- Sicario put me to sleep because it was slower than the first. Blade Runner (both of them) put me to sleep because of the pacing. This movie has no reason to be boring when it is under Disney's house.
- This movie was pointless. No one was asking for it. No one wanted it. This movie was made solely to die.
- This movie tore the fan-base apart.
- I neither love it nor do I hate it.
- Along with The Last Knight and Justice League this was one of the most disappointing movie of 2017. NEVER AGAIN!
Before writing this list I just watch this latest video from Film Gob: [link]
JMK Over and out.