The other is the same as holiday wishes but based here on DA (clickie to go to the original post!) and here are the details!
Make a post in your dA journal (the manual INCLUDED - I wont grant any wishes, if I see no manual). The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real-life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Surf around your friends list (or friends friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1) Art featuring my World of Warcraft Characters – I would love to have art work featuring my World of Warcraft characters. The game has been going for 8 fricking years now so I have a very close relationship with them, especially my main character Kaelea and my main alt Aleassa. I have an obsession with taking screenshots so there's plenty to use for reference over here. Art can be any media; pencil, paint, digital, pixel etc. Both characters tend to be quite sassy, and if you want to know any more please just ask!
2) Icons/Avatars – I love icons (100x100 pixels for LJ/forums or pixel art for deviant art) I'd love any for my favourite things/fandoms, which you can find by browsing my website. I'd also really love some quote icons using my favourite quotes; best place to find them is my goodreads profile.
3) E-books – I'm a disabled student studying two literature courses and e-books are a blessing as I can't carry heavy books around all day. Any books on my 'to read' list or any urban fantasy/fantasy/supernatural books you think I might like would also be extremely appreciated!
4) Postcards, magnets and key rings – I collect all of these and so any weird/wonderful ones or from local places would be awesome.
5) Amazon Wish List – I have a smaller specific list I've given to friends and family, so everything else got thrown together to make this list hence why it's so long.
6) Some love – I'll be more specific New buddies on livejournal or twitter would be great. I'd love to meet some new people. A small warning though; I suffer from depression and other health problems so if you're put off by these etc. then probably best not to add me.
7) Deviant Art watchers, faves and general love – I've been working all year on adding stuff to DA and updating it with new photography. So any new watchers, faves, group submission/requests, comments, recommendations to friends/family etc. = awesome and will make me smile My account is here.
8) Link back buttons for some sites - I've opened a few new sites recently and would love to have some link back buttons or banners made for them. Namely Ruby-Wings.net, Ruby Plugs and Ruby Wings Listings
9) Help Spreading the word about the Great Gift Exchange! – The Great Gift Exchange is a new site I've opened which works a lot like this Elf Exchange and Secret Santa. However, it's 4 times a year and is only open to gifts that are free and involve time and effort not money. I want to spread this around the entire internet and every type of community so help doing this would be much appreciated! You can find buttons and banners here which you can put up on your profile, websites, signatures, groups - any where
10) Invisible illness awareness – I'm someone who looks healthy on the outside, but really I'm in pain and feeling like crap. This is called an invisible illness and one of my goals in life is to spread the word about it. I talk openly and honestly about my health problems and hope one day that people will be understanding rather than judgemental. So next time you see a young person sitting in disabled seat, or someone who looks healthy says they're really not well; remember that disabilities and illnesses come in all shapes and forms. Don't judge someone because they're too ill to go out, or they keep blowing you off. In today's society we're almost taught to automatically believe the worst, not to recognise what's going on beneath the surface.
Wishes I'm Working On
Wishes Received From
(If I've missed anyone please let me know! My brain has been in exam mode + plagued with a sinus infection which makes me go doolalley so I have probably missed someone without meaning to!)