Hello everyone! I’d been waiting for Blizzard to announce the date for Shadowlands for months so I could finally do an announcement of my own. I’d been wanting to complete the World of Warcraft challenge I created for a while now and realised that the lead up to Shadowlands was the perfect time to do so.
I planned it for the 1st of October and even got the first day out before Blizzard Entertainment announced that they are posponing the release of Shadowlands. In light of this announcement I chose to put my challenge on hold until a new release date was set. I knew that doing this was risky for a couple of reasons; the date could be any time and there might not be 30 days warning, and I might not be able to give other people a decent amount of pre-warning if they wanted to join me. Unfortunately it wasn’t an ideal situation and let’s face it; it’s not been an idea year. It was either wait and see or randomly pick a date and finish the challenge miles early, which considering I was aiming to countdown to Shadowlands was even less ideal.
So here we are on the 29th October and a second release date has just been given; 23rd November 2020. That means I’m going to restart this challenge on 1st November 2020.
Yeah. It’s literally just two days notice. I know, I’m sorry about that. I hope you can at least understand why I’ve chosen to do it this way. I’d love to have some of you join me even if it’s just for a day or two!
About the Challenge
The World of Warcraft Challenge by Just Geeking By is aimed at celebrating our love for World of Warcraft. Each prompt has been designed to help guide you through the many years of memories of an MMORPG that is about to launch its eighth expansion.
I wanted this challenge to be open to all players whether they be raiders, casual, new to the game or veterans. It’s also completely open to interpretation as to how you respond to the challenge; write it, draw it, vlog it, post it on social media, whatever works for you.
All I ask is that you follow a few simple rules:
- Link back to the original blog post or tag the creator, Heather of Just Geeking By. I’m @justgeekingby on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- Repost the full prompt list; graphic version is available below for social media.
- Please use the hashtag #warcraftchallengejgb when posting on dA or social media.
- Answer the tag in whichever format, and style you wish. Have fun!
- Please refrain from using other artists work without permission. If you need screenshots then check out my Screenshot Gallery.
- The whole point of this challenge is to have fun by expressing our love for World of Warcraft and sharing it with each other. Sometimes people will say things you don’t agree with and that’s ok. The world would be a really dull place if we all acted the same way.
There is a 7 day and a 30 day version I ended up making two 30 day versions because there wasn’t room to fit both races and classes into one challenge. I still ended up sacrificing on the races a bit (sorry Allied Races!) so there will possibly be a version 3 in the future if people like these ones. You’re welcome to mix and match prompts 8 – 22 so you’ve got a race and class combination, but it was important for me that people had that option. Also, these prompts (8-22) are designed to be about NPCs rather than your own characters.There are no corresponding adjectives to allow you to interpret the prompts however you wish. You could for example choose to talk to interpret a prompt as your favourites, your dislikes, the most interesting or influential. It’s completely up to you