Im a bad person
| 13 votes
- the amount I procrastinate makes me proud and want to beat my own head it
- lets list some scenarios;
- 1. never studied, history test in 2 day, watched the lion king 1 and 1/2, alpha and omega, hercules, aladdin, mulan, pochahontas, mulan 2, pochahontas 2, the little mermaid and the little mermaid 2
- 2. history project due tomorrow; made this poll, went on DA forever, watched ruffian, and then a bunch of other horse racing clips (i.e., secretariat, man o' war, northern dancer, zenyatta, etc), watched 2 hours worth of art tutorials
- not even gunna mention bio procrastination
- anyways, the point of this poll? HOW DO I STOP PROCRASTINATING
- and well i guess it's also to procrastinate more
| 4 votes
- eski, as a lot of us know her as, is in bit of a tight fix right now.
- She is the most wonderful person and if any of you are considering commissioning someone, check her out
- She does manips, pixels, digital drawing and i'm fairly sure she can do page designs, gallery designs, journals etc. cause i think she knows CSS
- so yeah, check out her out?
- she's a lovely person and yup <3
- Okay have a nice day/ night guys
- and lets all not die for exams/summatives etc.
Consider Raising Your Prices
| 4 votes
You're undervaluing yourself.In your country, or in your state, what's the minimum wage? Back when I worked as a minimum wage lifeguard and swim instructor, I was paid $7.50/hr, minus tax.Deltapotamus has recently created this journal which is quickly gaining popularity.
Now, how much time do you spend on your art? Personally, I can spend anywhere from ten hours to over forty, as I did on my last manipulation of that feather monster. Let's assume though, that you aren't nearly as meticulous as I am, and you can get a piece done in four hours. Assuming you're paid what minimum wage was in Illinois four years ago, that means you'd be paid $30.
How many of you actually charge $30 or more per manipulation?
How many of you think that you deserve minimum wage?
Minimum wage is generally reserved for those who are new at their work. They have little to no experience, they generally have few bills... really, they just need to gain work experience to put on their resumé, plus make some cash to buy some fun things they may want, or perhaps start saving for college and buy some gas
- While I do not think a minimum wage price could be applied for those of who spend 50+ hours on a manip, I do think many equine manipulators are not realizing their worth.
- In Canada, I believe 9.50/hr is minimum wage, I would never dare charging that much but I have raised my prices to a $20 base.
- However, so many great artists are offering commissions for literally pennies, others may not be quite as severe but 800 points for a good quality manip that you spend 10 hours on is crazy. Thats less than 1$ an hour!
- While art is my hobby, it does take up a lot of time I could be spending on hanging out with friends or even sleeping
- So please keep in mind that with tax, 100 points is equal to $1.
- Soo.. ONE POINT EQUALS ONE CENT (essentially)
- So yeah, maybe not all of need to increase our prices but I do know quite a few of you who could increase your prices. Yeah, you, I see you. RAISE YO PRICEES GURL <3