Mon Aug 3, 2015, 7:55 AM
- How long have you been on DeviantArt? TWELVE YEARS D: ... mother of god (between this account and my old one)
- What does your username mean? It's the name of the main character from my comic Engelbaum. My old account was the name of my Gen, Astrima. Also an Engelbaum thing.
- Describe yourself in three words. Colorful. Sleepy. Glitterbeast.
- Are you left or right handed? Right handed.
- What was your first deviation? I'm not actually sure what the very first thing I uploaded to DA was. But going by the dates I think it might have been this, though i think this was a resub: <da:thumb id="3729417"/>
aaaa so cringy now, lol. Clearly I had just been given access to lense flares. I remember drawing this when i lived in America. I was painting the full spectrum of old Gens at that point. Olllld.
- What is your favourite type of art to create? Character relationships. Stuff that makes both me and the viewer feel something for the character and their interactions. I'm more into digital art these days purely for the fact I have no space to store traditional art until i get studio space. I want to try a lot of new things this year.
- If you could instantly master a different art style, what would it be? I'd like to be a way better graphic designer tbh. I like simplicity but I'm bad at it. Really bad. I admire people who can make text and shapes look slick and exciting.
- What was your first favourite? *searches* A lovely fanart of my Gen character Orange I remember being so happy that someone would take the time to draw one of my characters. Thousands of fanarts later I still appreciate each and every single one. Regardless of the artists experience or how well known they are. All art matters to me.
- What type of art do you tend to favourite the most? I seem to like a lot of tutorials that i fave with the intention of using them. Then never go back to them >__>;;
- Who is your all-time favourite deviant artist? I honestly can't pick a favourite after so many years. I know that sounds cliche but there have been certain artsts from different areas of my art journey that have really inspired me and pushed me onwards for different things. Over the years people have come and gone but i know that somewhere theyre still out there making things and that makes me happy. I keep discovering new inspirations and making new friends. Its always a good idea to have a number of influences rather than just one person I think. That way you learn more overall.
- If you could meet anyone on DeviantArt in person, who would it be? Again, I can't pick one. I'm actually really lucky to have met a ton of you in person already. I'm not the most super-outgoing person and can be a bit quiet and awkward (hey i'm an artist) but I LOVE meeting people. Especially people who know, understand or remember bits of my art (sometimes even better than I do). That always really humbles me. I always end up just wanting to hug people like a creepy lameass, lol. So yeah, be warned. I want to meet people who care about Engelbaum.
- How has a fellow deviant impacted your life? DiGi counts right? XD He's on DA. He impacted my life by trading me chocolate milk for washing the dishes tonight.
- What are your preferred tools to create art? Currently Manga Studio 5 and my cintiq 13HD.
- What is the most inspirational place for you to create art? The places that inspire me are never the places i sit to draw. I get distracted by visuals when i draw. I prefer to absorb all i can, then return to my room and focus on putting it on paper. I'm not great at relaxing outdoors. I always feel oddly rushed.
- What is your favourite DeviantArt memory? When i recently uploaded the newest page of Engelbaum after a 2 year gap. That felt fucking triumphant to me.
My most recent Youtube art video: