In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Update Regarding the New Deviation Page
We've been monitoring performance and feedback since launch of the new deviation page to A/B testing, and we wanted to provide an update in regards to how the new deviation page has been performing, as well as following-up on community feedback and response.
Some valid concerns were raised by the community during this testing period. Moving forward for deviants who are in the new deviation page test group, we'll be keeping the aspects of the test that were successful (such as More From This Artist, More from deviantART, and the associated cleaner sidebar styling), while removing the aspects that need further refinement. These sections have been replaced with the familiar layout of the previous deviation page.
Deviant and Art Mentions (Beta Testers)
A new feature has been launched that's designed to make interacting with others even easier than before! Deviant & Art Mentions are a highly requested feature that send notifications to your Message Center when someone mentions you or your work in a public location on site.
Targeted Dropping and Infinite Scroll in Sta.sh
When you upload a file to your Sta.sh by dragging and dropping it, you can now easily put your file in a specific place in your Sta.sh! This combines the process of uploading and organizing, making it easier than before to organize and maintain your projects, even when adding new files.
In addition, infinite scrolling has been added to your Sta.sh. When browsing your Sta.sh or inside of stacks, you can now scroll and view all of your files on one page, rather than relying on pagination to find your files.
API Console for Developers
A Sta.sh API Console has been released, allowing developers to test live responses to our OAuth APIs.
Help Desk Closure, August 30 and September 2
In honor of Labor Day in the US, the Help Desk will be closed on Friday August 30th and Monday September 2nd. We'll be back to our normal business hours on Tuesday, September 3rd. Please keep in mind that due to this extended weekend, there will be response delays while we catch up from the weekend's tickets upon reopening.
- All Journals that needed to be moved to reflect the new Journal Category Tree have been moved to their respective categories. Fixed by yury-n
- Some thumbnails embedded in deviation descriptions did not respect the "Hide and require login to view" Share setting. Fixed by muteor
- Changing a Poll option via the Poll widget would require a page refresh before the changed option would display. Fixed by randomduck
- When browsing Collections on a More Like This result, it was possible for stored deviations to display. Fixed by helloandre
- The "Your Prints Store" and "Manage Prints" pages have been removed due to lack of use. Fixed by randomduck
- When making purchases, it was possible that a transaction would be declined when using a previously stored credit card to pay for a Premium Membership. Fixed by yury-n
- When comments were made on a Poll, the Poll widget did not show the correct comment count until after the next vote. Fixed by randomduck
- If you opened an arrow menu when editing your Profile page, the menu sometimes stayed open after clicking elsewhere. Fixed by DEVlANT
- Browsing Group deviations by using the "Previous" and "Next buttons after editing that Group's layout would lead to some issues when trying to use. Fixed by muteor
- The percent amount was not displaying on some Group Polls, when placed in narrow columns. Fixed by shadowhand
- The list of countries that Prints can be shipped to has been updated. Fixed by yury-n
- When viewing custom folder icons in a deviant's Gallery, the left side would be cut off by 2 pixels. Fixed by helloandre
- The "New" graphic on the Motion Book category would not display the correct color when the Motion Book category was selected. Fixed by helloandre
- The "Name" field in the deviantID widget and "Real Name" field on one's Profile Page were not syncing properly. Fixed by adahacker
- The annotation tool has been modified to allow users to pick the text color when using the "blank" style. Added by mudimba
- The OK and Cancel buttons on the Font modal were not working properly. Fixed by mudimba
- The Import Image menu option would not work properly after an image had already been imported. Fixed by mudimba
- If a person used their browser's settings to be zoomed out on a page, some controls would not display properly. Fixed by mudimba
Sta.sh / Submit
- For Beta Testers, when dropping a file onto a stack and then cancelling the upload immediately after, the thumbnail would disappear and then reappear. Fixed by kouiskas
- If an icon was included in a comment, the icon would float to the front of the comment. Fixed by inazar
- On smaller screens, buttons on the Sta.sh Writer toolbar could be cut off in the Forums, most frequently the link icon. Fixed by inazar
- Some scrolling issues could occur when clicking Add Media or Hide Media. Fixed by inazar
- When viewing a Sta.sh stack's contents in Sta.sh Writer's sidebar, the content could occasionally be pushed over to the right, where it couldn't really be seen. Fixed by inazar
- In Sta.sh, clicking the "Previous" and "Next" navigation arrows would insert deviations into the comment box instead of navigating. Fixed by inazar
- For people viewing the new deviation page, Journals flagged as mature content would be visible even before clicking to view. Fixed by inazar
Thank you for the feedback on last week's Site Update! Here's some of what you had to say.
- Feedback regarding the release of sales on the Earnings page was positive.
- Deviants were positive about targeted dropping in Sta.sh, though a few deviants mentioned concern regarding infinite scroll.
- Responses to the Discuss topic varied, though several deviants mentioned sending Notes to multiple deviants at once when organizing contests or doing art features.
- Some deviants would like to have stacks inside of stacks, in their Sta.sh. Suggested by ZuTheSkunk
Profile Page Widgets
Have you customized your Profile Page by adding or removing widgets? Of the widgets you have installed on your Profile, which do you find to be the most important or valuable, and why?