The Iglesia Ni Cristo (Church of Christ) was preached by Brother Felix Y. Manalo, its first Executive Minister, and was registered in the Philippines on July 27, 1914. From its first local congregation in Punta, Sta. Ana, Manila, the Church quickly spread across the islands of Visayas and Mindanao in the Philippines. When Brother Felix Manalo passed away on April 12, 1963, the Iglesia Ni Cristo had already established ecclesiastical districts in more than half of all the provinces in the country.
In 1968, the Iglesia Ni Cristo, led by Brother Eraño G. Manalo, the Executive Minister then, successively established the first two local congregations outside the Philippines—Honolulu, Hawaii and San Francisco, California in the USA. Hence, it began the Iglesia Ni Cristo’s expansion in the Far West and eventually around the world.