And here she is! Branchleaf Isl all spritified! Credit to
for writing the program that allowed me to create this!
Points of Intrest (Left to right):
* The tall building is supposed
to be a lighthouse. I couldn't be bothered modifying the sprite sheet any further though... The lighthouse keeper is a friendly retiree, who was formerlly the local gym leader. To keep in shape, he left all his traps in the lighthouse (his former Gym) intact.
* The Dirt track connecting the lighthouse to the paved area is Route 501. Where the path goes over cliffs, is where the one-way jumps are. Naturally, you can only go downhill over them. They do make a nice and easy way back to town though.
* The part of the island with the pavement is the township of Branchleaf Cove.
* The two houses there are residential, and the people who live in them tend to be (friendly) rivals.
* Below the second house is the pier. It's supposed to be wooden, but once again, I couldn't be bothered making my own tiles.
It's mostly for small craft, the biggest that lands there is the ferry that travels between the islands and the mainland.
* The three story building that's partially built into the hill is Prof. Rosewood's lab... at least the first two floors are. There are also several rooms built into the hill, some of which are used as an apartment, others for storage. It's also where beginner trainers can recieve their first Pokemon: Either a Charmander, an Oshawott or a Treecko.
* The building with it's door facing away from the camera is an old, disued warehouse from back when ships once used the cove as shelter. (Obviously this was before the pier just ran along the shoreline.)
* The door that leads into the hill is the entrance to the Branchleaf Gym, which comes out onto the third floor of Artemis' lab. It's also very dark inside...
* Whilst the Eastern shore isn't shown, there is nothing of note beyond the hill. Just more trees and a cliff.
* The water surounding the island is quite deep and is prone to forming strong currents (As with the rest of the waters off the Mainland). As such, whilst this doesn't affect the local watercraft, it is practically impossible to use Surf past the pier. (Similar to the Sevvi Islands)