Hey everyone! Sparky here
Sorry I've been incredibly MIA! I've kind of disappeared from DA and this account especially for a few months now. I moved, my parents are moving, my SO's parents are moving... haha, it's been hectic. But that's not really an excuse for just disappearing, so I do apologize.
That said, I know a lot of submissions ended up expiring recently, and I apologize for that, but please feel free to resubmit them. Also, if anyone has any questions, suggestions, or comments, please feel free to drop a comment!
Thanks for bearing with us and enjoying horsie art! <3
FAQ's is updated, but basically Your Horse/Character Here's (YHH/YCH) go into the Digital or Traditional folders, NOT the "Other" folder.
Eventually I may make a separate folder for those specifically, but for the time being there hasn't really been a need to.Rules:What is Accepted?
- Horse drawings and paintings. Traditional or digital.
- If horse(s) are secondary/background animals they must be clearly visible
- Photo manipulations (credit must
- Stock photography
- Fantasy Horses
- Anthropomorphic HorsesWhat is Not Accepted?
- Horse Designs or Imports
- Anything submitted to an incorrect folder.
- If you are unsure where it belongs, feel free to note the group and ask.FAQWhere do I put "Your Character/Horse Here's"?
- Whichever category they fit when you submit, Digital, Traditional, ETC.
- if it's a YHH of a Breyer or something you plan to custom paint, THEN and ONLY then does it go in the "Other" category.What Belongs in the "Other" Folder?
- Photography OF ARTWORK.
- Be it sculptures, statues, etc - as long as YOU created the piece you are photographing, it will be allowed. This does NOT include memorials, Breyers, etc.What Belongs in the "Resources" Folder?
- FREE TO USE Lineart
- If your lines cost money or points, DO NOT SUBMIT IT.
- These tutorials can deal with horses OR backgrounds - not humans, dogs, cats, etc.
- If it is a multi-animal tutorial, we will accept that.
- Stock PhotographyCan I submit my Advertising Journal?
No.Can I submit a Contest Journal?
This is up for debate- please NOTE the group with a link. If we admins decide it is worth the groups' support, and there is no harm to come from it, we will invite it to the "Other" Gallery.
- There is no official way to tell what will be accepted and what won't. It is up to admin discretion.
That's it for now! Please feel free to leave us some feedback! Have a question to ask? Go for it! Should we add an FAQ journal? If so, please leave questions for us to answer.Thanks for all the feedback! Please feel free to leave more.
Thanks for reading, and Have Fun Horsing Around!