Hello and Welcome on the !
Here is a short story about this starting group.
. once was a group of portrait photography, and also a good of good reputation. It started eight year ago and had thousands of members and watchers. But that group started to fade years ago and only few admins kept its ship afloat even without founder and co-founders. We had a hard job because we had to maintain the group with almost no rights to change anything. After a long time I had to admit that I was left alone as admin, that made the things impossible: the submissions needed two (for some folders even three) votes to get in and everything has been expired. The group died despite my efforts to find other admins, "wake up" the old ones and even getting contact to the founder who was my compartriot. All my efforts were in vain.
So I thought it is just not right. Most of portrait groups I knew were dead, too, and the old one still got several submissions. To make it worse, we received many drawings and traditional media portraits despite that we were a photography-only group. So I decided to start this new one, called FaceGroup, and try to serve those who still need group appearance and want to benefit.
I am heavily counting on You and I am heavily depending on You. Starting a group and making it known is always a hard job. But if you help it is possible. If you were member of the portrait-to-us
you may find a new home here. If your drawings or paintings, or even digital media works and manips were rejected there, you may find a new place here for your art. Please feel free to join and submit your best!
Meanwhile this is not an accept-all group
but I plan to focus on high quality works. You may be a beginner and find your way in, but you may be a pro and got rejected if your works are not your best. Call it elitism if you want, but I have the goal: I wish the members will be proud of being part of it. The standards will be about the same as in the old group (but I will try to keep it more constant and reliable).
What can you do here?
Show your works, and got featured. You can give this a try, too, even though you won' lose anything with joining.
- If you're not a member, you may test whether your work will meet our expectations: you can submit 1 deviation per month. This is for the start-up period that is planned to end after a year.
- If you're not a member, but you're a member of an affiliate group, you can submit 1 images per week. We would like to support our affiliates, too, and co-operate with them for our mutual benefit.
- If you're a member, you will be able to submit 3 works per day to help to build up an attractive and representative gallery. This is only for the start-up period and it will be changed if necessary.
You can submit to the Favourites, but it must be somebody else's work, as is usual with most of the groups.
There is a quite detailed folder structure, with by and large self-explanatory folder names. Feel free to suggest name changes if you feel it would be more self-explanatory. If you open each folder, you will find the detailed description of them and you may want to check them before submission. If you cannot find the right folder for your work, you're welcome to ask. But you may proceed without the delay of asking and waiting for reply. There is folder with a very silly name Aarrgh I am confused put it somewhere
and you can submit there and ask us to move your work to the right place. Please don't over-use it, because if it places too much workload on the admins, it will be closed.
How can you co-operate?
Oh, thanks for asking! There are many ways to help the group to start!
- First of all: spread the word, let others know about this! You may want to fav this journal, share a status post to announce that you've found this group, and tell it on the chats, facebook, twitter, and all... Every publicity helps (except the the necrolog)!
- If you have the time, will and skills, you may participate as an admin. This will need a few hours a week, and it mainly consists of voting on submissions, submitting new ones if you find them appropriate, and so. I hope I will be able to do monthly features and even contests with prizes, and all. But first let's start!
- If you have a group or you admin a group, feel free to send affiliate request! We will accept it happily if your group is not too far from our scope. I mean, we focus on portrait and fotography, traditional and digital media. Fan art and cosplay is a borderline, but usually acceptable. OCs, MLP and anime is a bit off and it is not sure that we could help each other. It is nothing agains the genres themselves but there are different public for them.
- Watch the group, give faves and comments to the featured artists and show them that it is good to be in this group.
- Put a badge or the group icon to your accepted deviations' description and show your pride.
So, that's all for the first run. I hope you'll help and FaceGroup will be the Portrait Home of DeviantART soon
Have nice lights (as Hungarian photographers greet each other) and let the art flow!HoremWeb