The Group that Celebrates Holidays, Celebrations and the Changes of the Seasons!
RULES FOR THE GROUP
On the "About Us" Page the Basic Rules Read as:
Holidays focuses on Holiday-related, Celebratory and Seasonal artworks. The Group accepts Photography/Photomanipulation/Digital/Mixed/Traditional/Artisan/Literature media of Good Quality. Holidays is a family-orientated group, so please keep your submissions PG-rated!
*To Expand on the "About Us":
Deviants need to have at least four (4) good to high quality images
that match the group's theme in their gallery. Please link qualifying Deviations inside the join request (can be a link to a folder or from a specific search of the gallery). See Profile Page
for more information.
There are Submission Limits depending on the folder. Please do not attempt to "Go Around" Limits by submitting to the Wrong Folder, as they will be declined. Multiple attempts to sidestep the Rule will result in a Block from the Group.
- Seasonal Deviations: The Deviations must be specifically related to a season, Winter, Spring, Summer or Autumn. Each season has its own folder, so please scan the submission options prior to submitting.
- Holidays: Holidays around the world are accepted, but all submissions must obviously portray the holiday. Any Holiday in question must be heavily portrayed/visible in any image. Examples: A cute image of a kitty with the title of Merry Christmas will be declined. Titles don't count. An image of a witch isn't enough to portray the Halloween/Samhain Holiday. Holidays looks for a more complete scene.
- Artisan Crafts and Culinary Arts are to go into that folder, regardless of the Holidays they are related to.
- Fireworks: Fireworks have their own folders, one is for photography and one is for stock. Please use the correct Fireworks' folder!
- Stocks: ALL stocks, regardless of the related Holiday or Season, go into the Stock Folder. Premade Backgrounds and Fireworks have their own subfolders; otherwise simply use the main Stock Folder.
- Please only submit two Deviations of a series. Variety is the key!
- The Tribute Folder: All images created as a tribute to tragic events/attacks like 9/11, recent terror attacks around the world, Celebrity passings, etc. belong in this folder. Tributes will also be monitored heavily due to misuse, sarcasm, caricature, bad jokes, etc.
- Pin-Ups must overtly display the holiday in the Deviation, so it is obvious what the Deviation is about.
- The ONLY Fan Art Accepted would be Fan Art directly related to a Holiday, such as Morticia Adams, Jack Skellington, Santa Claus or The Great Pumpkin. Random Characters dressed in Costumes of Other Characters are not accepted. Less overt Fan Art will be vetted prior to accepting to see if the Deviation is less about the Fan aspect and more towards the Holiday/Celebratory/Seasonal aspect.
Deviations NOT Accepted:
WIPs, Lineart, Most Fan Art (Fan Art Accepted must not be the main focus), Pin-ups that do not overtly display a specific holiday (must display more of the holiday outside of a title or costume) or anything that doesn't fit with the group's theme.
The group doesn't accept anything created with copyrighted or trademarked material. Submissions must follow DA's TOS
and © policies
*Disclaimer: Rules can and will be adjusted at any time.
Please Follow the Rules, Respect the Administrators and Submit to the Correct Folder!