It's, uh, coming along little by little. I've eliminated the seam between the carry handle and the rest of the upper receiver, and here you can see the new bolt carrier. It still doesn't fit very well, though, so there's some more refinements that need to be made to it. The pictured stock has long since been redesigned, I just haven't rebuilt it yet. The magazine is hollow inside and has a pseudo-floorplate like the AK-74 mag. The dimensions are still not quite correct, though, and the cartridges aren't visible in the photo because they don't look very good right now. The way the barrel attaches to the upper receiver has been reworked (you can see the barrel well protruding from the front of the upper), but I haven't built the barrel yet. It will be a pencil-profile barrel, with a normal profile at the back and a step down near the middle. The delta ring will be straight instead of angled. The handguard is pretty troublesome, but I think I've figured out how to do it. Now it's just a matter of refining the dimensions of each piece.
As a side note, I've also made some drafts for an octagonal (Osprey) suppressor
, nominally for the M1911 (although I doubt the pistol model would actually support the weight of the suppressor). Let me know if there's actually enough interest in it to make it worth test building and completing.