35 Recent Deviations
Featured: Italian soldier M40 grey-green template examples
The Globe- The Theater of Awesome!As I continue looking into the politics of modern day, it has been striking me that the West is losing touch with its history. Indeed we are told that any pride in where we come from is almost forbidden and most certainly racist, sexist or some other form of “ist”. Any examination of European history has to be peppered these days with people droning on and on about it's flaws, as if it's some grand revelation that civilizations where people literally pooped in the hallways of their own homes, were flawed.
It's obvious this is a bad direction for any culture to go in, always looking on its own history with disdain, but what to do? Well, discover history for yourself of course. Put a more positive spin on things- this is where you come from and these people who lived before you did not have lives absent of joy and happiness.
I'm going to start my journey into Western history with a look at something the brought joy to many and continues to do so to this day, the theater. One
The group is currently undergoing some changes and a restructuration.
Parts of those changes mean that the folders structure will soon be changed. The Grographical (continental) designation will be substituted by a chronological organization with the following 4 folders:
- Pre-History, Ancient and Classic History
(from the first hominids to circa 500 AD);
- Medieval History
(circa 500 to circa 1500 AD);
- Modern History
(circa. 1500 to circa 1800 AD);
- Contemporary history
(circa 1800 AD to nowadays);
These folders are still closed for now, they will be opened as soon as possible, so for now the new submissions should still be directional to the “continental folders”, or, if more adequate to the existing thematic folders.
* The folder “featured” is being emptied from “older works”. The folder had more than 100 pages, now has some 50, but the objective is that this folder has permanently 1 or 2 pages with good featured works, changing from 1 to 4 times a month. We can have here some new good works or some old works that deserve to be underlined.
* The folders with the designation Archives are closed and will sooner or later be emptied. There are there many quality works that I hope soon they will be given some more importance and relevance.
* The works for the Middle East should be direction either to the Asian or African folders, according to the respective region. The works already there will be moved for the new chronological folders;
* September submissions to the continental folders will be quickly moved to the Chronological folders as soon as they are fully operational.
For now we don’t have group rules, but I expect to have some simple ones quite soon. For several motifs, so if for instance a work is rejected the author knows and understands why that happened. We are a history group and we should focus on history works, either images or texts. Also because the group will avoid current politics themes. Our focus will be the past, not the present or the future. So that means that any work with political/ideological objectives agendas can be refused, or works that can be confused with political/ideological agendas. This is not new in the group. It was a principle already expressed by our first founder, a principle that I fully agree. So: Political History, yes. Current politics, no. Sometimes the line can be difficult to trace, but we will surely have to manage a way.
Basically we are a WIP.
Thank you to all the contributors and members… the group is waiting for your good works about history or history related themes.
To the new members and visitors... welcome to our group...