RULES ARE MEANT TO BE READ. INABILITY TO COMPREHEND WRITTEN TEXT IS PUNISHED BY YOUR ASS GETTING KICKED.
Welcome to Heretics-Undivided, the Warhammer-verse Chaos Fangroup!
What you have to know is this is an elitist, quality-centered group.
While submitting art, Contributors and Members are expected to follow these quidelines:
- Submit only FINISHED, thoroughly rendered artwork
- Submit your BEST
- Evaluate your artwork OBJECTIVELY
- Submit artwork that features the CHAOS faction of Warhammer40k/Warhammer Fantasy. Your piece may contain any other race/faction as long as the Chaos characters play a significant role in it. (PROTIP: Artwork with a Black Templar squashing a World Eater of whom we can see only the backpack outline and a hand doesn't count as Chaos fanart. Artwork with the both engaging in a fully rendered duel, however, does.)
What will be DENIED:
- Half-assed sketches
- Subpar artwork with objective technical failings
- Signatures, stamps, icons, and other "design" stuff
FAQ v. 1.1.
Q: I posted a pencil pic of a Terminator in the Minis and Props section... I'm an idiot, will you categorize my submissions for me?
A: Yes, but two strikes - and you're out.
Q: How do you pick out the artwork, what's the criteria?
A: The criteria is the Founders' taste and sound judgement. You either believe in it's objectivity, or not.
Q: What about miniatures and props? What are the criteria of selection there?
A: The criteria here aren't very different from the artwork folders: objectively evaluate your work if it fits into the club's elitist approach.
Q: That doesn't quite answer my question. Can you be more specific concerning miniatures?
A: Okay, we know not all minis are Golden Demon worthy, but they should at least be well-painted.
A good guideline is that the miniature(s) should at the very least have good shading and highlighting, no visible mould lines, no paint clumping and as little slippage as humanly possible.
The photo of the mini should also be well-lit, in focus and with a neutral background, ie no snapshots of your miniature on your desk!
Also, submission of digital paint-overs of Games Workshop studio miniatures will result in keel-hauling of the persons responsible.
Q: All my submissions are being denied! You're just a bunch of filthy mongrels, I KNOW my art is great!
A: Tough fucking shit.