So, I've been updating you kinda frequently lately, and to not further bother you, I'll do one last update that will conclude everything I was giving you already, and the reason for something I don't like to do...
First, my inactivity should've been over by now... actually for over a week. Obviously this is not the case. The main reason for all that is, that I built my new computer, and I had to transfer MMD to said new system. First everything worked smoothly, but as soon as it got into the japanese names of the files, things got messed up, or better, I messed things up. I tried to transfer the old MMD folder to my new computer without installing the japanese language pack to Windows, means that all of my file names and the comtained data is written in nice useless gibberish, and therefore mostly useless. I tried to fix the problem by installing the japanese language afterwards but obviously the data was messed up already, so that didn't help. That wouldn't have been a problem if I wasn't dumb again. I already deleted all data from the external drive which contained the correct data. Yes stupid me...
And secondly, I use different file paths on both computers, but unlike other programs, MMD doesn't search for the files, but only opens the already given path. For an example let's use the program Audacity. If you save a project with Audacity, it creates a folder and a project file with all the data. After that, you can freely move the project file and the project folder on your computer. When you open the project file, Audacity looks through your whole system for the necessary data files and folders. MMD is different. When you save something in MMD and move anything that you used into a different location, MMD won't find the data, no matter what. You can say this program is kinda dumb. And, while you can edit the file directories inside the project data, it is faster to just re-create everything myself...
So in conclusion:
- I transferred corrupted MMD data to my new system
- This data is completely useless even with corrected file paths
- I do not have my old MMD folder anymore, so I can't restore the old data with correct language
- I screwed myself pretty hard, since I effectively threw away 17.4 GB of models, shaders, etc...
- Some (and actually most) of the models are not available anymore (that's the worst part of it)
- I lost my texture edits, and all of my image files... At least the MMD bases.
So there are two options right now:
1) I quit, and don't care...
2) I try to restore as much as possible for the next days and weeks and continue, but with just a very few options of models...
Well I don't like the idea of the first option... so I'll go with the second one. But I don't know how long it will take to get everything back together and working.
And with that I can say, that I'm going to live through this little crisis, no matter what.
Have a nice day!
Listening to: OST