No one has permission to repost this. Period.
Gigantic Angel Zone
High in the sky, Sonic finally breaks into Eggman's latest aerial (and soon to be celestial) fortress. Midway through his journey through the labyrinthine ship, Sonic meets Eggman, who has taken the brief respite from Mecha Sonic's earlier distraction to try out his newest outfit. Some gloating and floor breaking later, Sonic again finds himself navigating the colossal airship's interior. Alas, it does not take long for Sonic to reach the Doctor's position, and although the rotund fiend is caught off guard, he is not unprepared. With massive bombs dropping everywhere, will Sonic ever find the opening he needs to end this chaotic fight?
- A redraw of a past piece here. I'm following my standard protocol for complete redraws and I've deleted the old version, but I also recently made this: hazard-the-porgoyle.deviantart…
so that you may compare the old and new versions of several of my pieces, including this one.
- Oh, and this zone's existence is the reason why I keep switching between Eggman's designs in my pieces. For the first five zones of this game, Eggman appears to be wearing his classic outfit, but starting in this zone, we see his modern one. I like to think this is when the switch was made. For other justifications/clarification, see this comment: comments.deviantart.com/1/3525…
- The title sounds like a walking Nintendo advertisement in retrospect, doesn't it?
- Had a lot of fun with the lighting on this one; I always gotta try to find some way to spice these otherwise simple 8-bit-ish pieces up.
- Expect more redraws in the near future.
Until then, folks.
Concept - Sonic Team/SNK
Piece - *Hazard-the-Porgoyle