Outpost 5004 pt 4
Chapter IV: Decisions
The Galaxy class refit wasn't having as much luck avoiding enemy fire as her smaller counterpart. With every extra hit that she took, the entire vessel shook and threatened to break apart despite the frantic workings of her skeleton crew.
"Shields down to eighteen percent! Main cannon offline and we've only got four functioning phaser banks!"
The bridge shuddered again as a pursuing cube closed from above and targeted the main power grid in the saucer section. A chorus of terrible explosions chased each other around the bridge and culminated in a frenzied fire at the flight ops station. Gabriel Jax was thrown backwards by the force of the blast and lay, unmoving on the floor in the centre of the bridge.
"Commander! Take tactical." Running towards the flight ops station, he noted with relief that the Paladin's impulse engines were still functioning. Warp drive was gone however.
"Stand by to eject the core."
"We'll be stuck here without it!"
Advert History - abridged
Yes, an editorial about adverts. Or "spots" if you live in everyone's favourite upstart colony. Let's be honest, most ads are terrible. Most of them make you want to gouge your eyes out with the remote control and then use them as ear plugs whilst banging your head against the TV in the vain attempt to break it (you'd turn it off but the whole being blind thing makes it hard to see the button). As you'd expect, given the target audience, adverts for women's products are the worst. The absolute worst? Tampon adverts. Never in the history of global boradcasting has there been a good advert for a tampon, or a panty liner, or any other such thing. Never. Instead they are defined by bad jokes that are only marginally amusing to people with IQs in double figures once, ad-libbing that makes you wonder if the original actresses are speaking Japanese and a running time that makes watching every season of ER seem like a brief yawn in the morning. And honestly, how many women expel
A girl's guide to guys.THE GIRLS' GUIDE TO GUYS. BY A GUY.
1. Most of us can't do compliments without sounding creepy, so we give up at a young age. It doesn't mean we don't love you.
2. Whilst we don't condone bad hygiene, as men we sweat and frankly a little consideration would be appreciated.
3. As men, we're supposed to be big and strong. Most of us aren't. The only way we can convince ourselves we are is by regularly noticing how small you are. It's a defence mechanism.
>3.a. Please don't wear heels if you're over 5'6''. It eats away our self-esteem.
4. If you think we're irritating you because we secretly like you, you're probably right. The only problem is it's such a good secret, we haven't figured it out yet.
5. When we ask you out, say what you mean. We don't want to date your friends; we want to date you and if you convene a committee to make the decision, you're obviously not blown away. Anything less than 'yes' is 'no' in our minds, and we move on fast.
6. We know looks matter to