Listening to: The Strokes
Reading: Some article I'm writing which needs work
Watching: Doctor Who Episode 2
Playing: Wish it was my bass, I miss my bass
I usually don't do these but fuck it, these are interesting questions!
1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Traveled and made cool adventures in Los Angeles and Orange County, I also was more social living alone in the States.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make those, I review what I need to improve on every 2 months usually.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Um, a few friends gave birth and some got married but I don't really talk to them much.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
The States and Mexico, I hope to visit Japan and Israel soon.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
More confidence, less despair, less stress.
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Summer when I met Matt Smith and Karen Gillan, Anime Expo, playing soccer with Muse's bassist Chris Wolstenholme and last but not least, meeting this one person at the end of summer who I've got to know more since then.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I did pretty well financially on my own and even when it got hard I didn't quit and managed to handle things efficiently.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Letting myself get too worried and letting things get to me.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yup, same old, same old.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A couple of vinyls, Doctor Who Series 6, part 2 that got me to meet Matt Smith and Karen Gillan, Muse tickets!
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Rebecca, she is cool. Friends in the end of Spring quarter.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
A few people who became too critical and began to use my misfortunes against me, you know, jerks.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, food, utilities, and the occasional fun.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Meeting Matt Smith and Karen Gillan was more exciting than I thought it was going to be. Also playing soccer with Chris from Muse was so much fun, and a lot of the dates and hangouts I had with Becca. Anime Expo was cool too.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
A tie between "On The Other Side" by The Strokes for my sad times and "11th Dimension" by Julian for my positive sides. Also Muse's songs like "Invincible" and "Unintended" for the feelings I'm developing for this cool girl person.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Yes, in a way a lot happier. I'm just more worried.
ii. thinner or fatter?
A bit fatter.
iii. richer or poorer?
A lot poorer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Stood up for myself more, work more.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Being self-critical, let things get to me.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Hanukkah with family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
I um, um, um, um, what is love anyway?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Doctor Who and The Big Bang Theory.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate them but a few people do make me a bit angry when I think of them or see them.
25. What was the best book you read?
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, the novel was a nice collection of time traveling adventures, I want to read more this year.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Strokes and Julian Casablancas thanks to my friend Rosario. Discovering more about The Killers and Israeli musician Idan Raichel were also really cool, I keep finding good composers and music out there.
27. What did you want and get?
Meeting famous people, more friends, be more social, and feelings I thought couldn't be felt.
28. What did you want and not get?
More money, less stress, my green card.
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
I really liked Benny and Joon since I like movies with eccentric characters, though the movie is not circa 2011. I guess Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows part 2 was pretty good.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 21 and spent it at Anime Expo, then I had dinner with a few friends in Little Tokyo and a friend of mine took me to "breakfast" at night at iHop, it was nom but I didn't drink.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If my mind decided to be more calm.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Hipster without trying to be, is just all I got in my dresser.
33. What kept you sane?
Music, music, music. Listening to it, playing it, dancing to it, smashing around to it, concerts, etc. Also, those who care about me.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Matt Smith and Karen Gillan are pretty cool, then there's Julian Casablancas and of course Matt Bellamy, I don't know, by fancy I mean like I idolize them in a way, they are really cool people.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don't really care about politics as my voice doesn't really matter in the end but I suppose the Occupy movements were interesting and the protests on UC campuses and how the police reacted.
36. Who did you miss?
When I'm in Irvine I miss my family, when I'm in Ensenada I miss Becca and my close friends like Melissa, Rosario, Conor, and Jess. I also miss my Muse buddies and some HS friends like Monique and Anthony from time to time.
37. Who was/were the best new person(s) you met?
Becca, she knows why. I also met some cool friends in the above mentioned answer.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011?
Forgive them even if they are not sorry. Music and time are the best healers and no matter how hard things can seem to get, there is always something nice in life that can brighten your life.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Some people think they're always right, others are quiet and uptight, others they seem so very nice, nice, nice, nice, oh-oh, inside they might feel sad and wrong"
Also: "It won't end here, your faith has to be greater than your fear"
And: "You could be my unintended choice, to live my life extended, you could be the one I'll always love"
Feel free to do this meme too.