GUIDING LIGHT - FINDING HOPE IN THE DARKNESS
Hello and Welcome to "The Living Room" of Guiding Light! Guiding Light is a mental health awareness project founded by @LadyLincoln
. Whether you're here to give or to get support, everyone is welcome! Our aim with Guiding Light is to provide a spot where Mental Health can be freely and safely discussed, a place for everyone who has mental health issues, knows someone with mental health issues, but also for those who want to learn more about it.
Guiding Light aims to create a supporting and loving environment for those who need it. A place where it is safe to talk about feelings, fears and to meet others, but also a place of hope. A place to find support, love and help. A place without judgement, but above all, a place where every single deviant is welcome
. You can read more about this project and the background here
. Because of the new DeviantArt (Eclipse) being introduced, we decided to start a new journal, as it will become very complicated to edit the old one. You can find our old journal and all the comments on it right here.
Please be aware that this is the only journal we'll be updating, the other one will remain as is.
Looking for & sharing Love
Below is a list of people who could use some extra love and support. If you can, please send them a kind message or just a sign to let them know they are not alone, and that we are all there for each other.If you know someone who needs some extra love, or if you just need some extra love yourself, please let us know so we can add you to our list.
We are sending love to:
People looking for advice:
- @Wulfsista - She would like some advice on how to deal with aggression and maintaining self control.
- @RoyalOats- She is looking for kind souls to connect with who can be supportive for her.
- @Kenexandrite - They are looking for some advice on finding help, setting up an emotional shield and friendship.
- @NathaAmore- She's looking for some advice on how to deal with disassociation and sleep violence.
- @Eefera- Is looking for people who know or have experienced Dissociative Identity Disorder.
- @Vivyi - Her message: "Please help me understand how I can use CBD for benefits against psychosis and delusional thinking, alongside anti-psychotic medications, reduce anti-psychotics over time with written doctor permission (which is currently a work in progress), or how I can find ways to improve coping with psychosis or delusions with Schizoaffective Bipolar disorder. Also, help me to deal with Tardive Dyskinesia."
- @MrPurpleDork - Is looking for help to deal with depression and anxiety
- @ThatGamerGirlAkane- is looking for some advice on how to get through life on the hardest days
- @Galaxyte- is looking for advice to get through life everyday while dealing with autism
- @zzadkiel- is looking for help with General Anxiety Disorder, anxiety/panic attacks, OCD, depression and PTSD.
People who have opened up their inbox to you:
- @MissSouls - She has experience with borderline personality disorder
- @SubjugatedSandwich - He has experience with anxiety, mental abuse, extreme lows and has the perspective of someone who is in the better half of the healing process.
- @MountainPoppies - She has experience with bipolar disorder, depression, PTSD and anxiety.
- @ugnip - She has experience with eating disorders, depression and anxiety.
- @Vivyi - She has experience with shizoaffective bipolar disorder, PTSD, eating disorders, anxiety disorder, panic attacks and social anxiety.
- @Moonlight-Huntress01 - She has experience with anxiety, depression, ADHD, OCD and high level autism.
- @DrawingDragonDream - She has experience with depression and anxiety, as well as suicidal thoughts. She is in her teens, so for those who'd like to talk to someone their own age, she's there for you.
- @Amarantheans - She has experience with depression, Anxiety, PTSD and body image issues.
- @SinistrosePhosphate - He has experience with autism, depression, self-harm and suicidal thoughts, He also is a GP who has contact with patients with mental health issues daily.
- @RoxasFangirl18 - She has experience with loss of a loved one, life changing injuries or illness (on a loved one), suicidal thoughts, depression and anxiety. She also doesn't mind if you talk to her because you need to vent.
- @RoyalOats - She has experience with anxiety, bipolar, depression, trauma, adjustment disorders. She also has experience with loved ones struggling.
- @Whisper292 - She has experience with bipolar II, depression, anxiety and agoraphobia.
- @Evilhappy - He has experience with insomnia, social anxiety, GAD, panic attacks, bullying, depression, suicidal thoughts, mood swings, PTSD, self harm, aggression, obsessive tendencies, sexual identity, body image, acceptance, eating disorders, identity disorders, alcoholism. He has a learning disability called dysgraphia that affects reading and handwriting.
- @DasGnomo - She has experience with depression and anxiety.
- @Medoriko- She has experience with anxiety and depression - SAD in particular.
- @MamaLantiis - She has experience with bipolar II, paranoia, hallucinations (visual and auditory) and anxiety. She also has experience with disassociative behaviour, suicidal thoughts, suicide attempts and OCD. She has been to both group and individual therapy.
- @RensKnight - She has experience with GAD, depression, bullying (in school, the workplace and online), and ADHD. She is also willing to offer prayer if needed.
- @Felizias - She has experience with depression and suicidal thoughts.
- @MaggotsX - He has experience with Bipolar I / schizoaffective disorder, mental institutions, post-traumatic stress, paranoia, hallucinations, illicit drug use, depression, social anxiety, low self-worth, regret and spiritual doubts.
- @Cadenza-Royyalist - She is open to talk about friendships, social struggles, anxiety, loss and temperament issues.
- @Lissomer - She has experience with medication, depression and SAD, generalised/social anxiety, traumatic experiences (including natural disasters, parental abuse, sexual trauma), disordered eating, suicidal thoughts/behaviour, sexual/gender identity, dysphoria, depersonalisation/dissociation, and therapy. I also have experience with loved ones who are suffering, and with the recovery process. Not necessarily relevant, but I am also familiar with chronic illnesses such as IBS, PCOS, and endometriosis.
- @NathaAmore - She has experience with bipolar, stress, anxiety and eating disorders, as well as suicidal thoughts and attempts. She also has experience with helping people through bad break-ups.
- @Yameyela - He is willing to talk about gender/sexuality, mental health, or just needs someone to talk to; though replies may be slow due to social anxiety.
- @tonychef12 - He has experience with bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and clinical depression. He's willing to listen if you want to talk.
- @Ceratomia - They have experience with misdiagnosis, C-PTSD, depression, chronic illness - physical & mental. They might be slow to reply, but always will.
- @LonelyShine - They have experience with depression, anxiety, self-doubt, stress at school, sexuality and gender identities. They might be slow to reply, but always will.
- @NovaTale - They have experience with Autism, Depression, Anxiety, and Psychosis as well as my experiences are with Bullying, Abuse, Hallucinations, ADD+ADHD, The Paranormal, PTSD and traumatic experiences, suicidal thoughts/actions, OCD, near-death experiences, and Autistic Meltdowns/Shutdowns.
- @Ricuu - She has experience with depression and social anxiety.
- @Vinyosium - He has experience with Borderline Personality Disorder (all of its symptoms), therapy, medication, weening off of therapy and medication (along with its side effects), Anorexia, abusive relationships (physically and mentally), self harm, suicidal thoughts/attempts, low self-esteem/poor body image, sexual orientation confusion, and extreme Schediaphilia, Automatonophobia, violence between parents, divorce, sibling favouritism, denial of mental health issues, heavy Alcoholism (grandmother) and loss (cancer, accident, natural causes). You can always contact him through Discord: Vinyosium#4769
- @Liskaya - She has experience with depression, mobbing trauma and anxiety, as well as therapy.
- @SiroIsBestShip - They are willing to lend a listening ear to whatever you might want to talk about
- @NerdyBirdyGal - She has experience with OCD, PTSD, abuse, insomnia, depression, GAD, chronic pain and illness (mental and physical), disassociation, therapy, mental institutions, losses and near-losses. She will always respond, but sometimes it might be a bit delayed.
- @JericaWinters - has experience living and coping with schizophrenia and medication side effects.
- @li0nfart - has experience with depression, suicidal ideation and social anxiety.
- @Xentrias - has experience with major depression and anxiety, self harm, suicide and suicide attempts, abuse and PTSD. Also has experience with helping other people who have mental illness.
- @Sparkle-Photography - She has experience with mental/physical, PTSP, relationship stuff, sickness, etc. Or just for conversation. She is an open book and won't judge no matter what's going on.
- @chaseawaythedark - She has experience with depression, anxiety, bullying, loneliness, self-loathing, numbness and LGBTQ+ topics. She's 18 and comfortable talking to people her own age. You can also add her on Discord: Silver#4223
- @greenleo94 - He has experience with anxiety (GAD and social), panic attacks, autism stuff, chronic health issues, and PTSD
- @Ozzkat - Has experience with depression, self-harm, and suicidal thoughts, as well as anxiety and relationship-oriented PTSD. But anyone who needs anything really can reach out.
- @Eefera- Has experience with Dissociative Identity Disorder, ADHD, depression and anxiety, and miscarriage. The door is always open to anyone who needs someone to listen or encourage them.
- @RebeccaM-Art - She is willing to listen if you need someone.
Important events/information and places to get help
- Black History Month: February
- Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month: February
- Autism Awareness Month: April
- Stress Awareness Month: April
- Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month: April
- Mental Health Awareness month: May
- LGBT Pride Month: June
- PTSD Awareness Month: June
- Adopt A Cat Month: June
- Alzheimer's and Brain Awareness Month: June
- Minority Mental Health Month: July
- LGBT History Month: October
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month: October
- Suicide Awareness Month: October
- Bullying Prevention Month: October
Awareness Weeks 2020
- Suicide Prevention Week: September 8th - 14th
- Mental Health Awareness week: October 6th - 12th
- Asexuality Week: October 20th - 26th
Awareness Days 2020
- World Cancer Day: February 4th
- Random Acts of Kindness Day: February 17th
- Rare Disease Day: February 28th
- International Women's Day: March 8th
- International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination: February 21st
- World Poetry Day: February 21st
- World Autism Awareness Day: April 2nd
- World Art Day: April 15th
- Children's Mental Health Awareness Day: May 9th
- International Day in Support of Victims of Torture: June 26th
- PTSD Awareness Day: June 27th
- International Day of Friendship: July 30th
- International Cat Day: August 8th
- World Suicide Prevention day: September 10th
- International Day of Non-Violence: October 2nd
- World Mental Health Day: October 10th
- National Depression Screening Day: October 10th
- World Kindness Day: November 13th
- International Survivors of Suicide Day: November 23rd
Within Guiding Light:
Guiding Light Art Prompts
Outside of DA:
Do you have something to contribute to these lists? Please let us know so we can add your projects/groups/links!
Getting to know each other
To get to know each other, we have prepared a few questions for you to answer in the comments below! Please take a moment to read and reply to what others have written too. You never know in what ways you could connect with someone, and give each other love and support!
- Who are you? (think about name, age, what art do you create, etc)
- Do you have or have you ever had mental health issues?
- Do you know people who have or had mental health issues?
- What is it you're looking for? (Support, someone to help, learning something new, etc)
Feel free to write about more than is asked in the questions, though! We are definitely looking forward to meeting you
Original Artist Unknown. Do you know who made this? Please tell us so we can properly credit
If you would like to join us, you are welcome to become a member at our group!
Latest update: May, 21st 2020
New additions are marked with