1.If you use the sketches, lineart, stock photos etc. created by someone else, please ensure you have permission to do so. It can either be because they've give permission to everyone i.e. in their artists comments it says 'Feel free to colour and/or ink' etc. OR you actually asked the artist yourself. Also please credit the artist/model/stock photographer in your artist comments.
We are employing a 'benefit of the doubt' rule. All inks and colours, photomanipulations will be accepted as we will assume you've read the rules and followed them. However if art theft is suspected or is suggested by someone else, we will check with the original artist. However you will not have your artwork removed until we get a reply from the original artists saying this was stolen/edited without permission.
2. If you have commissioned a piece of relevant artwork and you have been granted permission to post it in your gallery, you may submit it here as long as the credits are given.
3.Other characters dressed up as a Gotham Girl character should not be submitted. Because the art isn't actually of Catwoman, for example, but rather a picture of another character dressed up as CW, it wouldn't count (cosplay excluded )
4. This is less of a rule and more a guideline. We don't have a submission limit but to prevent flooding, please try and restrict yourself to maybe five deviations a day give or take one or two.
5. We do accept mature content i.e. nudity, violence etc as long as it doesn't conflict with dA's rules and it has a mature content filter on it.
6. Crossovers are accepted but use your discretion. For example, your Catwoman and Spongebob Squarepants crossover might not work out but Watchmen and Catwoman for example? Fine.
7. Redesigns are accepted as long as we can still tell it's the character in some way.
8. No recreations. In other words, do not recreate another person's art work in their style. For example, a comic cover drawn in the same style as the original artist. We don't mind if you recreate the cover in your own style but no outright copies. Great for practice but we prefer to have original work or at least your take on it.
9. Finally, we don't encourage elitism so if you spent time on it and it's relevant, submit it. The only time we decline is if you've sent in a one minute doodle that only just looks like the character on some lined paper for example. Submit the work you'd want to associate with yourself.