A world-wide hit, Onmyoji is a fun, compelling turn-based mobile RPG set in Heian period Japan (794-1185AD) where humans and the supernatural coexist. We're celebrating the expansion of its massive roster of characters with a contest! From glamorous portraits to shows of power and everything in between, create a piece of art of your favorite character for your chance to win!
With 92 powerful, playable characters with unique backstories, the problem won't be finding a favorite character, it'll be choosing only one!
Browse the assets to help you get inspired and create art that makes your favorite shine!
The Judge: WANG YANG, CREATIVE DIRECTOR (The designer of the character Kagura)
Example Artwork by TamberElla
How To Enter
Watch the trailer, check out the characters, and download the assets from the game to learn more about Onmyoji.
Create an original piece of art illustrating any one of the 92 characters! Find inspiration in the asset pack and official website.
The Onmyoji Contest Begins At 12:00:00 p.m. (PT - Los Angeles Time) On May 11, 2018 And Ends At 11:59:59 p.m. (PT - Los Angeles Time) On June 4, 2018 (The "Promotion Period").
- Entrant must be at least thirteen (13) years old as of May 11, 2018 to be eligible to enter the Contest;
- In order to enter the Contest, Entrant must follow the instructions on the Contest Site and submit a completed entry of an original artwork illustrating a character from the Onmyoji mobile game;
- Must be the Entrant's original work made originally and solely for the Contest and may not use stock materials, trademarks, or characters other than those from the Onmyoji mobile game;
- May include licensed brushes and textures, original imagery and text created by the Entrant and visual elements from Onmyoji but the Entrant may not directly copy and paste images from Onmyoji as part of an entry and the Entry may not infringe the copyright, trademark, or other rights of any third party;
- May include the word/mark "Onmyoji" in the title, description and tags for the Work. May not include the "Onmyoji" text, logo or title treatment anywhere within the Work itself;
- Other requirements and restrictions apply and please read the Official Rules carefully;
- ARV of all prizing is $12,660.00.
Twenty-five (25) semi-finalists will be selected by DeviantArt staff, along with an independent judge not affiliated with DeviantArt. The first, second, and third place winners will be selected by WANG YANG, CREATIVE DIRECTOR with the same independent judge. The judges will use the following criteria in whatever degree the judges believe appropriate:
- Choice of setting and action used in the Work;
- Use of Onmyoji character in the Work;
- Originality and Artistic Skill; and
- Success in Portraying the Contest Theme.
Answer in the comments below.
- Who are your favorite Onmyoji characters and why?
- Which character has your favorite backstory?
- If you were a Shikigami, what kind would you be and what would be your powers?