100 Character Questions (Shadow)
Part 1: The Basics
1. What is your full name?
Mackenzie Akito Verdion.
2. Where and when were you born?
I was born in the TRC (Terran Research Centre) 15 years ago.
3. Who are/were your parents? (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)
My Mother is Maggie Brandon. She runs a shipping company. My adoptive Father, Lawrence Verdion, is a scientist. I'm afraid I don't know anything about my biological Father... I'm sure Dad knows who he is, but he's never told me.
4. Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?
Yeah... A few... There's my older sister Steph, she's only a half sister though. We have the same mother but different fathers, her's was human, so she's a full human. Then there's my brother Tai and my sister Saba. We're triplets, so they're also half Draconians like me. Technically Tai's the older of us three, since he was born first, and Saba was second. And last but not least, there's Kotona. She's five and has the same father as Steph. She seems to like my tail for some reason...
5. Where do you live now, and with whom? Describe the place and the person/people.
Me and Dad currently live with Mum, her husband - Glen - and my siblings in a house in the country on Murinine. It's a big house as far as floorspace goes, but it only has one level. I think it used to be a hotel at one point, but I'll need to check that with Mum.
6. What is your occupation?
Heh... occupation... Well, I was raised to be a weapon... could you call that a occupation? Although that plan was never followed through so I guess it wouldn't count anyway...
Otherwise, I'm a back-up guardian of the Twilight Forest. Doesn't bring in any money though, so I dunno if that counts either!
7. Write a full physical description of yourself. You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.
A full description?? I thought this was a questionnaire! Not an essay!
Ah well... Height wise I'm about 5'3, Weight wise... I'd rather not say, but it's somewhat... lower... than it should be due to a eating disorder
I'm a hybrid of draconian and human with white hair and blue eyes. My hair colour is determined by my draconian element, but my eye colour is determined by my human genes.
Style of dress... well that depends on what I'm doing. I tend to favour black and white or gothic clothing mostly, but if I'm just lounging around in the house, my favourite outfit is a black T-shirt with a pair of jeans.
I don't have any tattoos, but I have a few scars from fights.
Distinguishing features? I guess you could call my tail one, since Draconians have different tail shapes. Mine's white with an end shaped sorta like a flat diamond.
Is there anything else about me? Oh yeah, I have small fangs, like all Draconians do.
8. To which social class do you belong?
Unless there's something my family aren't telling me, they're middle class, so I guess since I live with them, I fall into that category too.
9. Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?
I suffer from the same weaknesses that all water element Draconians suffer from, which is an intolerance of heat. Then there's the aforementioned eating disorder. That was caused because some of the chemicals in my body suppress appetite, thus I don't eat as much and as often as I should.
10. Are you right- or left-handed?
11. What does your voice sound like?
I talk with a British accent (Essex to be exact) and Ghostie says I sound a lot like an Essex version of Vic Mignogna
12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?
13. What do you have in your pockets?
Lessee.. I have a mobile. I rarely use it but I have it just in case. Um.. a couple of shortbread biscuits... some jewellery... Uh... pretend you didn't see that last one... I didn't exactly acquire it legally
14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
I have an attraction to gold, silver and precious stones. That's a draconian trait, so naturally I'm what you might call a little "sticky fingered"
I guess I can be a little brat at times... I've been told numerous times that I don't know where the line is.
I don't like to socialise really. I mean, I can get on with one person but if there's more than one I tend to just fade into the background. Not so much if the group is all people I've got to know one on one first, but I still find it awkward.
I'm also prone to... Masochism...
Part 2: Growing Up
15. How would you describe your childhood in general?
Better than most I guess... The experiments were painful sometimes, but I was rewarded for it.
Though I think if there'd been other kids around, I wouldn't've had as much trouble socialising as I do now.
16. What is your earliest memory?
My earliest memory... I have a few memories from when I was a toddler, but it's hard to say which one came first. To pick one though, It would have to be when I encountered one of the other experiments for the fist time. I can't remember the full details, like scents and sounds, but I don't think the image of that creature will ever leave me.
17. How much schooling have you had?
A fair bit really. I had to be intelligent in order for me to do what I was intended for. It was all privately done though. After Dad decided to put an end to the experiments and allow me to live life normally, I was sent to the same school Tai and Saba go to. It... Didn't work out...
18. Did you enjoy school?
When I was privately schooled I didn't mind it. I was rewarded when I did things right.
That brief time at Tai and Saba's school? Ugh... Far too many people, and most of the work we were given I'd already been through.
19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities?
Training as part of the experiments.
20. While growing up, did you have any role models? If so, describe them.
The guy I got my middle name from... A Draconian named Akito Yenta. He's pretty famous for being strong. Dad always used to tell me about him. I think he knew him at one point.
21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?
I didn't have much contact with my family growing up. Dad was the only one. We're quite close.
22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
There was never anything I wanted to be because I knew what I was going to be. Although, that didn't go quite as planned.
23. As a child, what were your favorite activities?
Anything that involved fighting or swimming.
24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display?
I've been told I was always pretty nervous and quiet until I was old enough to go through the bigger experiments. I toughened up pretty quick after that. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I also got manipulative and short tempered too. Thankfully, though, I never lost my sense of humour.
25. As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like?
There wasn't any other kids to be friends with, but I was popular with the female staff, like most kids are.
26. When and with whom was your first kiss?
*Blushes* Uh... It was Kate, while we were staying on Feria Island.
27. Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?
*Coughs* I'd prefer to skip that question, thank you very much
28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities. If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.
Wait... I'm half human half draconian... Does that mean I have to answer both?
I was created via IVF, and I learnt of my abilities while I was being tested.
Influences? The experiments I was put through are responsible for the way I act today.
Part 3: Past Influences
29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
I think that would have to be when Dad said he was putting an end to the experiments.
30. Who has had the most influence on you?
Dad I'd say, since he's been there all my life, but Perona's rapidly developing a knack for influencing my decisions
31. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
My greatest achievement? Uh... it would be when I managed to walk away calmly from an argument. It may sound trivial, but, when you've been brought up to be a killer, it gets tough to not try to physically hurt someone who's peeved you off!
32. What is your greatest regret?
My greatest regret is the nasty way I treated Saba and Tai when me and Dad first moved in. I was bitter that Mum had given me up so easily, and took it out on them, because they'd been the ones she'd kept... I never did apologise for that... I should do it next chance I get It wasn'ttheir fault after all...
33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?
..... Skip plz! I'd rather not relive that... ¬¬
34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind?
I have been caught stealing a couple of times. Keyword = caught
35. When was the time you were the most frightened?
The time I was most frightened would have to be that time when we discovered I was allergic to one of the chemicals they tested on me. I thought I was going to die that day.
36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you?
I lost a bet... And had to dress up as a girl for the rest of the day...
37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why?
I guess I would change being used for the experiments. I'd like to know what I would've been like if I been allowed to grow up normally. But I wouldn't wish for anyone to take my place.
38. What is your best memory?
The first time Perona hugged me.
39. What is your worst memory?
My worst memory is making Saba cry.
Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions
40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?
I flipflop a lot.
41. What is your greatest fear?
I don't fear much anymore, but I never got over a phobia of fire. I don't even like uncovered lit candles in the room... Which is silly because one of my supporting elements is fire!
42. What are your religious views?
I have none... Being brought up in a science lab will do that to a person.
43. What are your political views?
Again, none... I really couldn't care less about politics... Can't vote anyway!
44. What are your views on sex?
O///O Uh... Heh... I don't like talking about it!
45. Are you able to kill? Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?
I could kill at the drop of a hat if you wanted me to. What kind of weapon would I be if I couldn't?
I was raised to believe that killing was unacceptable if I hadn't been ordered to do it. I guess they drummed that into me to minimise the risk of me killing the lab staff. That didn't mean it was easy to uphold...
Nowadays I try to my best to find all killing unacceptable, for Perona's sake... That's not easy either.
46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?
It's hard to say... Humans constantly amaze me with how evil they can be... Not really like I can talk though
47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?
I guess... I never used to, but Perona seems to be proving me wrong.
48. What do you believe makes a successful life?
Depends on what you define as a successful life... To some people fame and fortune constitutes a successful life... To some people, just surviving is what counts... It's too general a question to answer.
49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)?
I don't like people knowing those things. I don't want to be pitied.
50. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
I don't like Hyrrens very much, but that is a hereditary hate. Hyrrens use Draconians for slaves and cannon fodder.
The only exceptions to this are Perona and Thunderchild, although me and Thunderchild do have our falling outs occasionally.
For the record neither of them are pure-bred.
51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances? Why do you refuse to do it?
I refuse to treat anyone special just because they have some fancy title. By which I mean, if I were to meet a monarch or some other kind of important person, I'd treat them all the same as I would anybody else.
My reason for this is that I prefer to chose who get my respect based on their actions towards me. After all, everyone else has to earn respect! Why should someone get it free just because they were born?
52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?
Perona. She's the first person who seems to be able to tolerate absolutely everything about me... She's must be crazy, but I'd die for her anyway.
Part 5: Relationships With Others
53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)? Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?
I generally tend to be snappy, but it depends on the person in question. Like I said earlier, I don't really like letting people know what I'm feeling, and the best way to do this is to keep myself distant from most. It also helps with the problem I have that I don't really know how to talk to people.
54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
Perona, because I couldn't imagine my life without her now.
55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
I respect Dad. I'm not an easy person to look after, but he does it anyway.
56. Who are your friends? Do you have a best friend? Describe these people.
I have few people I truly consider a friend... Perona, Kate, Luca and my cat Tarot are my closest. I guess I could count Thunderchild in there too ¬¬
57. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If so, describe this person.
Currently there's my girlfriend, Perona. She's quite a mix of species. Though mostly human, she also has trace elements of Hyrren, Terran and Genome. The only things she's inherited though, is a monkey-like tail and her great great Grandmother's ability to transform into a phoenix.
Appearance-wise, she's pretty. Maybe not catwalk supermodel gorgeous, but I wouldn't want her that way. Her hair is orange (along with her tail) and has blue highlights. She has green eyes too.
58. Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened.
Well before Perona, there was Kate. Unfortunately she couldn't handle my temperament. That's another regret I have... That I couldn't handle my temper that well.
59. What do you look for in a potential lover?
Nothing. Even if I wasn't already with Perona, I wouldn't be searching.
60. How close are you to your family?
I'm closer to some family members than others, but a lot of the time I feel that I don't belong.
61. Have you started your own family? If so, describe them. If not, do you want to? Why or why not?
..... I'm 15! And I certainly don't have any plans to. Why? Because I wouldn't make a very good father.
62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help?
Depended what I needed help with. I know I can trust Perona, but there are some things I wouldn't want to burden her with. Medically speaking, Dad's the one I go to.
63. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?
I trust Perona, but I wouldn't want her putting her life at risk or getting into trouble to do it. I wouldn't want anyone to do that.
64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you?
I know Perona would... If she wouldn't then she's a bloody good actress. Otherwise I don't like to say... I'd feel self centred if I did.
65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why?
Glen. I don't despise him so much, but I don't like him. We just never see eye to eye. I think he was expecting me to be a bit like Tai and Saba...
66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
I tend to argue. I'm always telling myself that the next time I'm provoked, I should just walk away... 99.9% of time I inevitably end up arguing anyway.
67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
Nooooooo... Not on your nelly!!
68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
I don't like groups at all! Let alone large ones. I just get nervous around people.
69. Do you care what others think of you?
I worry that people think of me as inferior... Inherited paranoia maybe?
Part 6: Likes And Dislikes
70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes?
I like swimming most of all, but I quite like to sing too, though... Not really in front of lots of people
71. What is your most treasured possession?
It's a secret
72. What is your favorite color?
Deep, almost purple, blue.
73. What is your favorite food?
I find it easier to eat if someone offers me fish, chicken or shortbread.
74. What, if anything, do you like to read?
I don't read much. When I do though, it's usually parody books.
75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)?
Anything that makes me laugh.
76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
Smoke? No. Drink? I did once... I don't want a repeat of that... The stuff tasted disgusting anyway. Drugs? Well, that's kind of a complicated situation...
77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night?
It varies. I usually spend it on my own, doing whatever I feel like doing.
78. What makes you laugh?
79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you?
When people use the word Liagren around me. It's a derogatory term for a human/ draconian hybrid.
80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself?
I'd probably go out for a while and just walk or fly around aimlessly.
81. How do you deal with stress?
Not very well. I tend not to be able to eat at all if I'm stressed. Also if I get too stressed, I'll generally drop what I'm doing and either snap at someone or go somewhere to cool off.
82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?
I commonly find myself following the "Let's cross that bridge when we come to it" method
83. What are your pet peeves?
My pet peeves include, having to take the blame for something that wasn't my fault, and screaming kids in public places.
Part 7: Self Images And Etc.
84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you. How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?
A normal routine would be wake up, eat breakfast (I always try to eat this at least, otherwise I burn out pretty quick), get the days chores thrown at me, do those chores, ignore lunch, do some more chores, eat dinner if I feel hungry, then I usually have the evening to myself.
How I feel if that routine gets disrupted depends on the length and nature of the disruption.
85. What is your greatest strength as a person?
I have been told it's my loyalty.
86. What is your greatest weakness?
Aside from heat you mean? My complete lack of social abilities... and Perona.
87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Just one thing? In the past I would've said I'd like to not be an experiment, but I've grown attached to my abilities. I'd like it more if I wasn't always the one trying to blend into the curtains at parties
88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
89. Are you generally organized or messy?
Organized for the most part.
90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at.
I consider myself to be good at:
- Cooking (What? Just because I don't eat much don't mean I can't cook!)
- Free Running
I consider myself to be bad at:
- Fighting computer games.
91. Do you like yourself?
Well... Sometimes yes, a lot of the time no.
92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)? Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public? (If so, detail both sets of reasons...)
I'm very curious. I like to search abandoned places (particularly if there is the promise of treasure!). If I do heroic stuff, it's usually for Perona.
93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime?
Goal? I never really thought about a goal.
94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I don't... I just take each day as it comes.
95. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
If I had to die... I know it sounds sad but... I'd want to go quietly and alone. I think that's a Draconian instinct though. As for the method? The masochist in me wants to die of blood loss from a stab wound... What? You asked!
That's not to say I actually want to die though... Just thought I should make that point clear... In case anyone gets any bright ideas... ¬¬
96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.
Three things... Three things... Well, first off I'd jump ship, then see what comes up... Probably steal just about any jewel I can lay my hands on.
I don't know if I'd tell Perona... What would upset her least? If I told her, at least she'd not worry about where I am, but I wouldn't be able to jump ship.
97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
I'd like to be remembered as the world's greatest thief... But that'll never happen
To be honest, anything other than as just a lab rat...
98. What three words best describe your personality?
If you're asking me for my personal opinion I'd say loyal and determined, but short-tempered
99. What three words would others probably use to describe you?
Probably snappy, annoying and manipulative... At least those are the words I hear most often.
100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character? (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice...)
Ghostie: Okay, first of all, I don't like shortbread as much as you do so quit making me buy it every time I go into Costa... Unless it's chocolate covered.
And you've got to quit this jealousy malarkey! You're not my only OC so stop acting selfish and sulking everytime I draw or RP with another character...
*A couple of hours of ranting later*
... And where the hell do you get off thinking you can get away with everything all the time?? If you do something wrong you gotta pay the consequences for it!
Man, you make yourself sound bad, Shadow, but you're not so. XD You're like, 500x more awesome than another OC I could mention... >.>
OMG, can I steal this? This seems like a fun thing to do with my OC's
BTW Shadow, you're cool.
BTW Shadow, you're cool.
Indeed you may!
Goody! This will help a lot (even though I don't have any consistent pictures or deviations regarding my main OCs).
It does! I finalised several details about Shadow doing this.
It doesn't matter. Do it anyway XD
It doesn't matter. Do it anyway XD
lol, shadow is awesome ^^
Kokita: *tailflicks* Gawds, glad someone else here hates screaming kids in public.
Interesting answers though....
Interesting answers though....