So I just finished dropping my first short story onto DA by using the Madefire's Motion Book tool. It was an interesting process with a number of challenges for a novice like myself in regards to using the tool. Through lots of trial and error, I was able to figure out how to best utilize the tool while taking into account the reader experience.
The only area in which I believe the Motion Book tool could be improved for this type of endeavor is by enhancing the typography and formatting elements of the tool. I would imagine those would be easy fixes considering that what I have done still works well, and in all fairness, what I did isn't what one usually does with the Motion Book tool. Overall, I'm quite pleased with the end result. It has been wonderful releasing it on DA because I have received far more reads of the story than when it was a standard text story on my website. Here's to new storytelling possibilities!