Some doodles of mute!Durandal continuing on from this.
* First and foremost, I imagine that the reason Durandal takes this so badly isn't just that he can't speak, but because this was something Strauss would do to him on a random-whim-disguised-as-punishment. Not that he can tell Vince that yet, but Vince kinda had a feeling.
* Nighttime conversations wouldn't be entirely one-sided since Durandal can still get his emotions across, but still kinda painful for both of them.
* Early on, Durandal stops bothering to look 100% presentable (still devastated, and doesn't want anyone outside the Rozies knowing about this anyway).
* I would say that Durandal having more excuse to nuzzle Vince would be a "plus", but…
* For anyone wondering if Tycho finds out about Durandal's condition, the answer is "how the hell does Tycho keep discovering these things". I have in mind that Durandal spends at least a few days at his and Enzo's mercy before Vince and Cortana track 'em down.
* All that highlighting, and Durandal still didn't have enough words to properly express himself.
* Maybe Lh'muria asked him a question?